IGNORED

Suvarnbhumi Airport- Exchanges.

Billyboy294

Can anyone confirm if the Arrival Hall with Immigration and baggage pick-up is Floor 2 and are there currency exchanges on that Floor after you go through Customs.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Yes, directly after the luggage carousels. Odd question for an "advanced guru". Go down to the lowest level for better exchange rates. 

Or better still don't use airport exchange places if you feel you need to be careful with the baht .  It's a never for me in all the times i've passed through this airport  .

I had booked a taxi for a friend (a 2 week millionaire) to come to Pattaya and arranged he get his taxi at Gate 3  on the same Floor as Baggage pickup. However he told me he was going to the Basement to exchange  money (£).

So i wondered if i was mistaken about the Exchanges on that floor. However I discovered  he was going to Super Rich Exchange as they give a much better rate. He is a well seasoned Thai traveler and was married to a Thai lady for about 10 years so he obviously thinks it worthwhile.

Today a Thai bank is giving 42.08 for £1 and Super Rich  gives 43.25

There does not seem to be a Super Rich branch in Pattaya.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

No need to have Superrich branch here in Pattaya. You can get similar rates at least from TT exchange and those booths are virtually everywhere.

7 hours ago, jpmelville said:

No need to have Superrich branch here in Pattaya. You can get similar rates at least from TT exchange and those booths are virtually everywhere.

Similar is not the same. Super Rich is better. 

Many head to the Super Rich( Orange) booth. Better to go to the Super Rich (Green) booth.

Before I leave (to cover the taxi) I change $100 to Baht in Australia (not at Perth Airport as they shaft you) then I wait until I get to Pattaya to change the rest as I am in too much of a hurry to get there.

I never looked at 'Super Rich' before but will look at them from now on.

Thanks for the advice. 

19 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Before I leave (to cover the taxi) I change $100 to Baht in Australia (not at Perth Airport as they shaft you) then I wait until I get to Pattaya to change the rest as I am in too much of a hurry to get there.

I never looked at 'Super Rich' before but will look at them from now on.

Thanks for the advice. 

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange Use the Dropdown list to select the airport location.

Current rate for the AU$ at their airport location: 26.25 baht

SuperRich 1965(Orange) 26.20 baht

Main offices of Super Rich International(Green) and Super Rich 1965(Orange), in Bangkok City offer 26.35

I have a 10:30pm arrival how late are the exchanges open at the Airport, or Pattaya for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, birdhaus said:

I have a 10:30pm arrival how late are the exchanges open at the Airport, or Pattaya for that matter. 

I do not know for sure, but from my experience they are open all the time.

10 hours ago, birdhaus said:

I think 10pm at the airport location.

B Floor, Airport Rail Link Suvarnabhumi Station

Operating Hours

Open Daily
6:30 - 22:00

12 hours ago, birdhaus said:

For really shitty exchange rates, booths are open 24 hours on the arrivals floor.  

Be aware that the Austrailian dollar gets hit much harder than most other currencies on the arrivals floor.  I don't know the reason for this, but it's fact when I've done comparisons of rates between booths on arrivals floor and B-floor booths.

You will get an excellent exchange rate on the AUD at rhe booths 2 floors down from arrivals at the time you will be arriving.  

Don't wait until you're in Pattaya as most booths will be closed.

It only takes a minute to go to the B-floor if you use the elevator rather than the slow travelator/escalator.

Look for Value Plus by the entrance to the Airport Rail Link.  It is opened until 23:30.

Today's VP+ airport rates:

image.png

thanks for the tips
I figure that I only need to change enough for that first night.
i reckon by the time I clear passport control, collect bag, taxi to patts, check in, it's probably gonna be close to 2am. 

Super Rich and Value basically side by side and pretty much the same as TT. Mate said he got 26.60 in Patts today so very little difference.

Don't exchange any more $ than you have to at the airport ... the exchange rates are terrible.  Much more reasonable rates easily had in Bangkok or Pattaya.

52 minutes ago, cbmgolfer said:

Don't exchange any more $ than you have to at the airport ... the exchange rates are terrible.  Much more reasonable rates easily had in Bangkok or Pattaya.

The exchange rates at BKK airport are actually as good as any you will find elsewhere in Thailand.

The problem is, BM Birdhaus will be arriving when the 2 best airport booths, Super Rich Thailand and Super Rich 1965 will be closed.

Value Plus, though not as good as the aforementioned booths, but easily as good as TT booths in Pattaya will be open.

The problem again for Birdhaus (his flight arrives at 22:30) is that by the time he reaches Pattaya, TT booths will be closed so good idea for him to take advantage of the Value Plus airport booth to avoid getting ripped off at the booths on the arrivals floor.   Or worse, finding nothing opened when he reaches Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Whalley said:

The exchange rates at BKK airport are actually as good as any you will find elsewhere in Thailand.

The problem is, BM Birdhaus will be arriving when the 2 best airport booths, Super Rich Thailand and Super Rich 1965 will be closed.

Value Plus, though not as good as the aforementioned booths, but easily as good as TT booths in Pattaya will be open.

The problem again for Birdhaus (his flight arrives at 22:30) is that by the time he reaches Pattaya, TT booths will be closed so good idea for him to take advantage of the Value Plus airport booth to avoid getting ripped off at the booths on the arrivals floor.   Or worse, finding nothing opened when he reaches Pattaya.

Yep, that's my situation. So i'll change over a small amount so I can have some fun that first night.

7 hours ago, birdhaus said:

Yep, that's my situation. So i'll change over a small amount so I can have some fun that first night.

If your flight arrives on time you'll be able to make it to Value Plus+ on the airport B-floor.  Their exchange rate will be as good as the best you'll find in Pattaya so no need to think small when exchanging there.

http://www.valueplusexchange.com/#/

If you opt to exchange money on the airport arrivals floor, different story.  Expect to take about an 8% hit on the Austrailian dollar.

Archived