Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Empty Seats to and from The UK.

noshow

2 hours ago, brownmanc said:

You are joking when you say you will ignore an instruction from cabin crew ??

If it was in the interest of other passengers or safety, I would certainly not ignore it, but

if it was someone who just wants to show authority for no reason then he/she would get told

to get lost. There is no reason to stop anyone changing seats if they are not being used.

1 hour ago, just hanging said:

uh huh, I believe that, I am guessing it hasn't happened yet, and no one said anything.   someone just went to jail by not following instructions and had to pay the airlines a $110,000 fine.  The captain of a ship or airline is the law, the real honest go god law.....so

I would think it would depend on what these instructions were, common sense is more important than any law.

Just because something is law, does not make it right. If I was sitting on a different seat which was not being used, and

someone grabbed me and pulled me off, then that is assault, and will be treated as such.

Asked a mate who is a first officer on internationals about this and he laughed at your concept of common sense in ignoring flight crews instructions

This year I've flown to Thailand with BA, Cathay (Via HK), Qatar (Via Doha), Malaysian (Via KL) and EVA. All flights were full or very near full in all classes except on Malaysian where Biz was only about 50% full and there were a couple of dozen or so empty seats in Eco on the way out but the plane was full on the way back.

Edit - I forgot one, Royal Jordanian. Was full to/from BKK via Amman but I also used them BKK-HK and back and that sector was nearly empty both ways. Biz had two people in it.

On 02/09/2017 at 09:44, noshow said:

If it was in the interest of other passengers or safety, I would certainly not ignore it, but

if it was someone who just wants to show authority for no reason then he/she would get told

to get lost. There is no reason to stop anyone changing seats if they are not being used.

Do they spread the passengers around to balance the plane if it's half empty? 

I have been lucky so many times getting a row to myself in economy  on many airlines but last time I really got pissed off with a crew member who did everything she could to encourage passengers to move to my empty row. Thankfully she looked close to retirement as she had a definite bias to Asian/Thai passengers, last time I think I pay higher flight cost to fly Thai out of LHR. My next trip out of MAN I have saved £190 on flight with a 1.30 stopover but better flight times and saved £90 on meet and greet.

On 9/2/2017 at 14:44, noshow said:

they have your seat number and name registered, if you plane goes down thats how they tell who your were.  

On 9/5/2017 at 07:56, bg532002 said:

Asked a mate who is a first officer on internationals about this and he laughed at your concept of common sense in ignoring flight crews instructions

the captain of an aircraft is TOTALLY in charge, what he says goes and can have you arrested at will, and locked up in the back.  for all practical purposes he is the General and what he says you do......Period.  take it up with the airlines when you land.  So amazing to me, that so many fight this, see it on the news daily, never ever works out for the passenger cept a special case like the doctor a while ago

30 minutes ago, just hanging said:

they have your seat number and name registered, if you plane goes down thats how they tell who your were.  

i am always very reluctant to move from my assigned seat as my gold freq flyer status shows up against my name/seat on the passenger manifest. most flights they come and say hello and make sure i'm well taken care of. if i move they don't know me from a bar of soap.

On 09/09/2017 at 06:03, adammike said:

Do they spread the passengers around to balance the plane if it's half empty? 

Yes indeed they do especially when allowing for the cargo tonnage underneath your feet. Nowshows comments shows typical ignorance of aviation regulations especially regarding safety and aircrew responsibilities to passengers safety.

10 hours ago, brownmanc said:

Yes indeed they do especially when allowing for the cargo tonnage underneath your feet. Nowshows comments shows typical ignorance of aviation regulations especially regarding safety and aircrew responsibilities to passengers safety.

plane not balanced = upcoming crash    not that a guy or two can do this

• 1 month later...

Have had a few not full flights on Eva Air over the years on the LHR-BKK.  In 2016 quite a few of us had 3 seats to ourselves in economy.  Lift up the armrests and make a little bed.  5 or 6 years ago when checking in for economy the lady asked where i would like to sit.  I said i was ok with the seat i had reserved.  Didn't twig it obviously wasn't a full flight and  i should have said at the front of the plane please. If i was cheeky enough i might have got an upgrade.  

Archived