IGNORED

Houston, Texas under water. IAH and HOU airports affected

iluvasians/latins

Biggest natural disaster in USA history is developing in Houston Texas with "Once in 800 year flood" with remnants of Hurricane Harvey relentlessly pounding Houston area for 3 days.  Both airports are closed "indefinitely." Houston is under water in many places.  Personally, I am ok.  Some places near resevoirs have been told they may have standing water in them for several months.  If you are a weather buff, you can follow live on abc13 or Kprc tv from Houston. 

A friend who I worked with got a shore job, a few years ago the company he worked with moved him to Houston he came over to the UK for his holidays couple of weeks ago good decision. Good luck to you stay safe.

Safe here too in the Galveston area. We have certainly never seen anything like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here in Port Arthur, about 90 miles east of Houston.

We got last night and this morning what they got the past few days.

Not near as bad, but we have many displaced and lots of property damage.

I'm afraid its not over yet.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

houston.jpg

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

That photo is almost beyond belief.  Thirty thousand seeking refuge in shelters.  Doesn't get much more serious. 

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Makes the floods of fairly recent years in the UK look like puddles,they wern`t of course as the residents of carlisle,york and various other places will testify,but these in Houston are of biblical proportions!

Archived