Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Incheon Transit Question

thestigy

Historically I've always  transited through Narita where you would deplane and then go through an additional security screening which usually took about 20 to 40 minutes.  Planned connection times were usually around 2+ hours and never an issue.

I'm seeing flight options on Korean from the U.S. transiting through Incheon where in some cases connection times are as short as 60 minutes.

Question - does Incheon send passengers through an additional security screening process or are you straight through from your arrival flight to your departure flight?  Is a 60 minute or 90 minute connection feasible or is that just plain madness?

4 hours ago, thestigy said:

Historically I've always  transited through Narita where you would deplane and then go through an additional security screening which usually took about 20 to 40 minutes.  Planned connection times were usually around 2+ hours and never an issue.

I'm seeing flight options on Korean from the U.S. transiting through Incheon where in some cases connection times are as short as 60 minutes.

Question - does Incheon send passengers through an additional security screening process or are you straight through from your arrival flight to your departure flight?  Is a 60 minute or 90 minute connection feasible or is that just plain madness?

ICN is the same set up security wise as NRT. You'll be fine with 60 minutes to catch your connection. Once through security and in the main terminal, look up and behind you after exiting the hallway out of security for the board with gate info.

The question is what airline are arriving on and then departing on.

Since Delta doesn't fly Narita to Bangkok, I know fly the thru Incheon.

The problem for me the time is arriving on Delta from the US and then flying to Bangkok and then doing the reverse when returning back to the US.

My last trip, I arrive in the satellite Terminal and have ride down 2 sets of escalators and then wait to catch the shuttle train to the main termial. Once in the main terminal have to then go thru security where the line can be long. Next you have to go up stair in the main terminal and go to your departure gate. With walking very fast and not having a long line security took me about a hour and 10 minutes to get from gate to gate. When I made it to the Korean Air gate they were about 50% finished boarding my flight. Lucky for me my arrival flight was on time and my departure plane was running a little behind.

The trip before I missed my connection, but lucky for me Korean Air has a second flight to Bangkok, so about 2 hours 20 minutes later I boarded my flight and had a crap seat and not the good seat I had on my original flight.

I would say that you need at least a hour and 30 minutes for connecting flight, however with Delta you short connection times between flights both going and coming back from Bangkok.

I agree back when flying thru Narita and both arrival and departure in the same terminal and most flights had 2 hours between flights, you had time to spare.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

The Asian airlines are pretty good at making the connections work. I recently flew through Tapei and had less than 60 minutes between flights. They made it work.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

My last trip, I arrive in the satellite Terminal and have ride down 2 sets of escalators and then wait to catch the shuttle train to the main termial.

LeoTex

For clarification purposes...Like flying into Shanghai and Beijing you need to take a shuttle to the main terminal?? Those Chinese airplanes stop on the Runway area where a shuttle waits to take you to the terminal. One of my big problems with them. So Incheon is similar?

Hi,

You do need to clear thru secondary security. Iv'e flown Asiana before with that short connection. Departing your flight from the states they had a airlines representative with names on a sign that guided us thru security to the connecting flight so it is possible to make your connection.

Another option you may want to consider after a 13 hour flight is to book the longer lay over. Depending were your flying from can be 6 to 14 hours. Close to the airport is airport town about 3 miles away. Many hotels in that area offer pick up and return with day rates for around 50 dollars. My choice is Queen hotel nice clean rooms with sauna in the shower bathroom. In the area you will find coffee shops, convenience stores and restaurants. I realize not everyone prefers this option if your time in Thailand is limited. If you have the time it's a great way to recharge after a long flight.

Feel free to PM me if you need additional details.

I fly Korean thru ICN a lot on my trips to BKK ,, and have found 60 minutes to be just enough time if you disembark at main terminal.. at satellite terminal you will have to hurry but very doable.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

1 hour ago, Amon_Amarth said:

For clarification purposes...Like flying into Shanghai and Beijing you need to take a shuttle to the main terminal?? Those Chinese airplanes stop on the runway area where a shuttle waits to take you to the terminal. One of my big problems with them. So Incheon is similar?

At Incheon, no shuttle meets the plane on the Runway. The plane parks at the gate at the satellite terminal, once off the plane you need to work your way to and wait for the shuttle rail tram to arrive to take you to the main terminal then thru security. It good 30 plus minutes to get from the satellite terminal to the main terminal..

I have gone thru Shanghai once, after we landed it was a long walk to the security area and then very longs line getting thru and then to your departure gate.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Archived