IGNORED

New Seat fee's for Emirates

mbamber

Just had another look at this policy, and it seems that Emirates also insist that you book your seats on ALL flights including connecting flights. So you can't pick and choose. So for many of us travelling from the UK for example, travelling to BKK via Dubai, that means 4 extra charges, not 2. That could be £60 to £80 on top of a fare thats already more expensive than other middle eastern airways.

On 11/09/2017 at 18:19, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Just had another look at this policy, and it seems that Emirates also insist that you book your seats on ALL flights including connecting flights. So you can't pick and choose. So for many of us travelling from the UK for example, travelling to BKK via Dubai, that means 4 extra charges, not 2. That could be £60 to £80 on top of a fare thats already more expensive than other middle eastern airways.

I presume you mean travelling as a couple 2 segments x 2 ?  Return leg you do not have to book seats ?

Emirates, total shite.

Booked flights for 2 and paid for seat allocation, upto yet the have changed flight times, so the connecting flight in Dubai  was leaving before we landed, changed planes therefore chosen and paid for seat had no relevance. 

My advice keep checking your flight and seating its the only way you will know if changes have been made.

They don't give a fuck.

• 1 month later...

I never pay the £40 to book a seat , I just turn up early at checkin , 8 out of my 10 flights I get a exit seat :-) 6 times on the A380 its the 1 as you get on :-)

When I book my flights I don't normally get court out but I have to admit I did get court out when booking my flights for this December/January.

Last year I booked to fly with Emirates for the first time in years.  And I was made up with everything.  I managed to get a cheap price, luggage allowance was OK, I was able to book my seats OK and didnt get charged.  And all my flights were on the A380.  (Man/Dubai/BKK).  Ive flown on an A380 before and I was impressed with the flights. Amongst other things I liked the leg room.

Anyway this year I booked with Emirates and didnt really pay attenion like I normally do.  The outward flights I booked were Economy Saver(Very cheap) and for my return flights I booked economy flex.

Flex is OK I get 30KG luggage allowence and I could book my seats in advance for free

BUT

My outward flights which are saver seats I only get 20KG allowence and had to pay in total £40 to book my seats. £40 equals £20 for Manchester to Dubai and £20 for Dubai to BKK

Baggage allowence wise going out I should be OK as I don't always take to much with me.  And buy some gear whilst I am in Pattaya plus the laundry is cheap in Pattaya BUT I didnt like having to pay for my seats.  Some of you might say that the rules state I can book my seats a few short days in advance of my flight BUT I dont want to do that because I always like an aisle seat very near the front of economy and if I wait till close to my departure date I might get aisle seats but they might be towards the back of economy

3 hours ago, blue1878 said:

When I book my flights I don't normally get court out but I have to admit I did get court out when booking my flights for this December/January.

Last year I booked to fly with Emirates for the first time in years.  And I was made up with everything.  I managed to get a cheap price, luggage allowance was OK, I was able to book my seats OK and didnt get charged.  And all my flights were on the A380.  (Man/Dubai/BKK).  Ive flown on an A380 before and I was impressed with the flights. Amongst other things I liked the leg room.

Anyway this year I booked with Emirates and didnt really pay attenion like I normally do.  The outward flights I booked were Economy Saver(Very cheap) and for my return flights I booked economy flex.

Flex is OK I get 30KG luggage allowence and I could book my seats in advance for free

BUT

My outward flights which are saver seats I only get 20KG allowence and had to pay in total £40 to book my seats. £40 equals £20 for Manchester to Dubai and £20 for Dubai to BKK

Baggage allowence wise going out I should be OK as I don't always take to much with me.  And buy some gear whilst I am in Pattaya plus the laundry is cheap in Pattaya BUT I didnt like having to pay for my seats.  Some of you might say that the rules state I can book my seats a few short days in advance of my flight BUT I dont want to do that because I always like an aisle seat very near the front of economy and if I wait till close to my departure date I might get aisle seats but they might be towards the back of economy

Economy Saver is 30kg the only one with 20kg is Economy Special so you should check.

52 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Economy Saver is 30kg the only one with 20kg is Economy Special so you should check.

mbamber you spotted my mistake. I'm economy special on my Manchester to Dubai flight and Dubai to BKK flight.  When writing my posting I didnt look at my paperwork.  I just did the posting from memory :Oops1:

32 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

mbamber you spotted my mistake. I'm economy special on my Manchester to Dubai flight and Dubai to BKK flight.  When writing my posting I didnt look at my paperwork.  I just did the posting from memory :Oops1:

Somebody on another thred did not realise he had a economy saver turned up and had to pay alot of excess baggage at least you got your allowance right. :Bravo1:

38 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Somebody on another thred did not realise he had a economy saver turned up and had to pay alot of excess baggage at least you got your allowance right. :Bravo1:

In December when I fly I should be OK

But it just goes to show that even when your an experianced flyer you can still get cought out.  I was concentrating on  booking my favourite flight times at a cheap price I didnt notice that Emirates now charge for seats and have a smaller weight allowance on there cheapest economy seat bookings

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

In December when I fly I should be OK

But it just goes to show that even when your an experianced flyer you can still get cought out.  I was concentrating on  booking my favourite flight times at a cheap price I didnt notice that Emirates now charge for seats and have a smaller weight allowance on there cheapest economy seat bookings

They don't sell the Special very often someone bought one through Expedia, seat fee's going like ryanair cheap flight & then charge for extras for virtually everything Get the app and check in 48 hrs before and grab the best seat.

https://www.emirates.com/english/book/about-booking-online/emirates-seat-selection/

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 14:06, scubascuba3 said:

The last few years I've booked with Emirates and always good. By them charging extras it probably keeps the flight prices down so ok with me. Economy flex allows you to book seats no charge.

Charging for better economy seats has been going on in the US for quite awhile. I’m planning a trip to Pattaya in January. At my age I spoil myself, and fly first class. It’s worth it, especially when I’ll be flying for about 18-20 hours, and get to use the first class lounge. As of now, Emirates’ fare is as good as anyone, and total travel time about the shortest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Probably the Only thing cheekier than the price, is that the Conditions of Carriage for All Airlines nearly always states that paying for a seat never guarantees that seat. 

While an unavoidable plane change  is understandable, if deemed necessary for a transiting staff member to sit there or an Emirates i/O member has a spat with his wife in F, kiss your Bulkhead Y seat a Salty Goodbye 

Archived