IGNORED

Turkish business

javasumatra

Turkish are doing ORD-IST-BKK for $2550 US in business for next May which is about $1000 cheaper to next operator. The trip is on A330 and 777, Has anyone used the in biz , Are they any good please?

I can't be much help other than to say they have developed a good reputation in Business Class.

They've never quite been cheap enough compared to direct with EVA/Thai for me to use them from LHR, but I would book with them for the right price.

As you will know, the political situation in Turkey isn't exactly brilliant at the moment, so may be a consideration.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

36 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

Turkish are doing ORD-IST-BKK for $2550 US in business for next May which is about $1000 cheaper to next operator. The trip is on A330 and 777, Has anyone used the in biz , Are they any good please?

No but I thought about last year but that was just when Turkey was having problems and Man-IST leg it is an A320. They score very high Skytrax rate them just out of top 10 overall, but in Business Class they rate 6th except food & lounge where they are first. For a $1000 cheaper I do not think you will go wrong

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/best_business_class_airlines.html

1 hour ago, javasumatra said:

I've been in biz in a 737-800 on European leg of flight.

Everything was bang on - only flew biz once before with FinnAir and Turkish compared very favourably; food and service was probably a little better, They really push the hospitality element with an attendant even dressed up as a chef

The lounge in Istanbul is supposed to be one of the best. 

I have tried both A330 and 777. They have the same 2+2+2 configuration in business. I was happy with comfort and service. The food was also very good.

Flew Turkish a few years ago YYZ-IST-BKK

The service and food were very good, and on my return , they used a codeshare Gulf 777 that had the 1-2-1 seating.... so much nicer.

The lounge in IST is wonderful with shower rooms as well as sleeping rooms if your layover

meets their criteria. 

$2550 is a great price , but also look at Hainan who fly out of ORD.... I recently got 

ORD-PEK-BKK for $2071 RT and they just opened a new lounge in T2 of PEK.... 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

1 hour ago, baddog666 said:

Flew Turkish a few years ago YYZ-IST-BKK

The service and food were very good, and on my return , they used a codeshare Gulf 777 that had the 1-2-1 seating.... so much nicer.

The lounge in IST is wonderful with shower rooms as well as sleeping rooms if your layover

meets their criteria. 

$2550 is a great price , but also look at Hainan who fly out of ORD.... I recently got 

ORD-PEK-BKK for $2071 RT and they just opened a new lounge in T2 of PEK.... 

Thanks.

I have always avoided the mainland Chinese carriers like the plague. How are Hainan?

3 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

Thanks.

I have always avoided the mainland Chinese carriers like the plague. How are Hainan?

I have heard the same horror stories.  For starters, Hainan is privately owned. They use Terminal 2 at PEK which is a much quieter than T1 . 

I really like the 787 for the long leg of the flight.  On the other hand.... flying via IST means 2 flights of relatively equal length , which is nice instead of one 14 hour flight and then another at 4.5 hours.  In a few weeks it will be my third time using Hainan...  I understand they are refitting all their 787 bizz class to 1-2-1 seating, but not in time for my flights.  

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Archived