IGNORED

Run a Windows OS on Android anyone?

Edge

Google brings up a lot of topics and guides on how to do it, but so far I'm failing.

Limbo seemed to be the way to go and I installed it and migrated an XP image in then set up a 'Machine' (several times) but each time I got 'VM stopped'.
I followed instructions posted 2017, but Googling that problem suggests that the program development has been abandoned, or at least it is not compatible with Android 6.

Next I'm trying Bochs, but that seems pretty ancient so I'm not over hopeful.

In desperation I went round most of the android/phone places in TukCom but I didn't find anyone who'd even heard of it.

Does anyone know how please.....or is it a myth?

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Google brings up a lot of topics and guides on how to do it, but so far I'm failing.

Limbo seemed to be the way to go and I installed it and migrated an XP image in then set up a 'Machine' (several times) but each time I got 'VM stopped'.
I followed instructions posted 2017, but Googling that problem suggests that the program development has been abandoned, or at least it is not compatible with Android 6.

Next I'm trying Bochs, but that seems pretty ancient so I'm not over hopeful.

In desperation I went round most of the android/phone places in TukCom but I didn't find anyone who'd even heard of it.

Does anyone know how please.....or is it a myth?

Run a VM under Android and install windows? Yep, it's a myth. How much memory are you using? Why would you want to do this anyway?

21 minutes ago, kahoy said:

Run a VM under Android and install windows? Yep, it's a myth. How much memory are you using? Why would you want to do this anyway?

The why is that I have Wincdg Pro2 and a catalogue of about 5k Sunfly songs and I want the option of using it at a party.

I last ran it on an old Dell laptop but that isn't working so I thought Samsung Galaxy Tab S  16 Gb 3 Gb RAM................

I followed this tutorial :-

As an alternate option, what about picking up a second hand Lumia (Windows) phone. The Lumia will natively run W10 mobile. I picked up a second hand Lumia phone for under 2000b, just to experiment and play around with. Maybe that would work, and be less frustrating. :-)

Just now, Garzan said:

As an alternate option, what about picking up a second hand Lumia (Windows) phone. The Lumia will natively run W10 mobile. I picked up a second hand Lumia phone for under 2000b, just to experiment and play around with. Maybe that would work, and be less frustrating. :-)

Thanks, but a phone would be overly small to use this prog (need to be able to read the Excel s/sheets)...the Tab S 10.5 just OK.

I've ordered a CPU from China for my Dell but if all else fails I'll try to borrow an old Laptop from someone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 19:36, kahoy said:

Having accepted that as a no go, I borrowed a laptop still on WinXP which I thought would run the prog as it used to, but no.

The problem is that the CD+G files are in Kmf format, which appears to have been abandoned.

Do you know if there's a way of converting Kmf files back to CD+G?

Just now, kahoy said:

Not my area of expertise but try this

http://elite-conversion-tools.tricerasoft.blueprograms.com/

Thanks, but that is the same company which developed the software using Kmf as above.....and it's apparently defunct.
I did find the same links to Elite Conv Tools but they appeared to be mostly dead.
I found one live one and I have a copy of it.....installed it on the laptop and there's a 10 day Trial ticking away.
If I can work out how to convert the files with it then I may be sorted.....Korando's party is on the 10th.

Thanks.

While it won't really help the OP, it looks like Codeweavers is working on a Windows on Android solution. https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-android

I used Crossover Linux for many years to run Windows apps on a Linux system, and for the most part, it worked quite well. I would assume they would put the same level of professional development into their Android solution that they already put into the Linux and Mac versions. 

If someone else is looking to run Windows programs on an Android device, this might just work for them.

Archived