IGNORED

k1 Visa to US

rocrite

I am wanting to bring my girlfriend to the US to get married. Heres some back story she worked at Honda in Issan for years before coming to work massage in Pattaya last year. I'm 28 and she's 32 and we've been together for 8 months. Before I start paying filing fees and such. I want to see how realistic it is that she'll be accepted. 

Might be an issue getting a K1 visa since you just recently met her.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have strong proof of a bonafide relationship.  

Now that assholes elected Trump, it is near impossible to get anyone into the US. US immigration officials turned even more asshole since trump got in. My wife's son has been trying to get his Vietnamese wife into the US for 2 years now, and is considering moving to Canada to live with her there instead.

Ask these guys http://www.mythaifiancee.com/

I used them when I was stupid enough to bring a girl to the u.s. on a fiance visa and everything went smooth as silk. They even gave her practice sessions on what to say in the interview. I'm sure they will answer your questions for free.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:11 PM, Biennial said:

Now that assholes elected Trump, it is near impossible to get anyone into the US. US immigration officials turned even more asshole since trump got in. My wife's son has been trying to get his Vietnamese wife into the US for 2 years now, and is considering moving to Canada to live with her there instead.

If only all the assholes that voted for Hillary would move to Canada, I could get that Malibu beach house I always wanted. 555

9 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Ask these guys http://www.mythaifiancee.com/

I used them when I was stupid enough to bring a girl to the u.s. on a fiance Visa and everything went smooth as silk. They even gave her practice sessions on what to say in the interview. I'm sure they will answer your questions for free.

I used them too, but in hindsight we could have done it alone.  Look at http://www.visajourney.com for all that is needed.

On 8/21/2017 at 10:11 PM, Biennial said:

Well, my fiance's visa approval was delayed approx 7 months because they prioritized Dreamers ahead of legal immigrants.  I ended up contacting my Senator, and after his office got involved we got approved about 1 week later.

Edit:  that wasn't the final approval, rather the one here Stateside that then goes to the Embassy for processing.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys - this is a politically neutral board. Please keep the politico bs down to a low roar.

Personally, there are better boards than this one for understanding this type of info, but whatever.

In any case, I once went through the US K1 Visa process with a Filipina. The Filipna lady became my wife and we spent 10 years together. We are separated now and discussing a divorce. No regrets and we are still friends. One can not fight time and hearts and minds they change.

I did not use a service for the US K1 visa paperwork. I read the USCIS web site thoroughly and prepared all of the package myself. The wait time for a Filipina back then was one year. My understanding is that the Thai wait time is considerably less.

What USCIS wants to see, at least back in the day, includes the following:

• Proof of ongoing communication. Phone bills showing calls if you have them are great.
  • Proof that you have been together. Save your airplane info and hotel bills showing that you were in country. Fotos if you have them (clothes on is advisable) are also great. If you have any with you, her, and her family, those are absolute money.
  • Absolutely not a hint of anything that could be considered prostitution in the eyes of a bunch of governmental admin perfunctory flunkies. I would not mention the massage work in the job history info. I would also shy away from mentioning Pattaya, if possible.
  • There are more, but those are the ones that come to mind right away.

I will update more on this, if I notice any interest. btw - when my then fiancee and I went through US immigration, the agent asked who prepared the package. I said I did. He smiled and said this might be the best package I have ever seen. I do not do this for a living and have worked enough in this life time.

One other piece of unsolicited advice.

Before your honey gets on a plane to come to the US, do the following:

• Consult an attorney in the state you live in. Divorce laws vary a lot state by state.
  • With said attorney construct a prenup that excludes what you own already from any divorce settlement. That includes retirement income.
  • Hire an attorney in your fiance's home country to review the prenup with her (without you being present) in her native language and have her sign it and have it notarized.

I did all that and I am REALLY glad I did. And that is with regard to an amicable divorce. Never forget that love and sex are great, but marriage is nothing more than an economic contract.

Archived