IGNORED

Any computer whiz to help me.

elbenvillas

I live in central pattaya near Big C pattayaklang, and need someone to help me fix my laptop problem with the sound.

Normally i use the built in speakers in my laptop and sometimes when watching movies on youtube through a HDMI cable hooked up to the TV then i switch over to the TV speakers.

In the last day, i am sure due to something i did, nothing seems to work.  The speakers make a constant squeaking loud noise, and i have to turn the computer off to get rid of the sound, then restart without the sound.  I am sure it is something to do with some changes I may have made to the sound part of the program.

I would be happy to pay for your time if you know what to do to bring this to the prevbious condition it was in.

Also though the sound used to work ok in Skype Video Chat, it was not working on Facebook Chat which i need.

Anyone out there, please let me know and an hourly rate that i could pay you.  I am sure it is nothing major, so couldnt be a whole lot of time to be spent on the machine itself.

Thanks

EZ

I used a HDMI connection to link my Desktop with my TV but there is no sound from the TV only the Computer. You also need to link the sound to the TV  , or so i was told. Perhaps it is different with a laptop.

NOTE:  my desktop does not have a HDMI connection so i had to connect via a DV1(??) adaptor, hence no sound.

Or you can use a 'gadget' (costing about 2000 baht) to  transfer picture and sound from the laptop to the TV using Wifi.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I used a HDMI connection to link my Desktop with my TV but there is no sound from the TV only the Computer. You also need to link the sound to the TV  , or so i was told. Perhaps it is different with a laptop.

Or you can use a 'gadget' (costing about 2000 baht) to  transfer picture and sound from the laptop to the TV using Wifi.

Wireless HDMI?

HDMI should include sound. Which VDO player are you using?

VLC has the right audio codecs.

I just bought the gadget called Miracast (Chromecast clone) via ebay from China for 12 quid....it's magic...using it from phone and Tab.

4 hours ago, b0b said:

Wireless HDMI?

Kinda...

it's a small gadget called chromecast.. there are others available as well

7 hours ago, elbenvillas said:

I live in central pattaya near Big C pattayaklang, and need someone to help me fix my laptop problem with the sound.

Normally i use the built in speakers in my laptop and sometimes when watching movies on youtube through a HDMI cable hooked up to the TV then i switch over to the TV speakers.

In the last day, i am sure due to something i did, nothing seems to work.  The speakers make a constant squeaking loud noise, and i have to turn the computer off to get rid of the sound, then restart without the sound.  I am sure it is something to do with some changes I may have made to the sound part of the program.

I would be happy to pay for your time if you know what to do to bring this to the prevbious condition it was in.

Also though the sound used to work ok in Skype Video Chat, it was not working on Facebook Chat which i need.

Anyone out there, please let me know and an hourly rate that i could pay you.  I am sure it is nothing major, so couldnt be a whole lot of time to be spent on the machine itself.

Thanks

EZ

So you restart and still no sound?

If so,  it could be a couple of things... maybe the sound driver has become corrupted, or the sound card itself has died..  I am no nerd, but they are the first things I would be looking at. It may be something else as well.....

You don't say what your O/S is...

13 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

NOTE:  my desktop does not have a HDMI connection so i had to connect via a DV1(??) adaptor, hence no sound.

11 hours ago, b0b said:

Wireless HDMI?

The Gadget i used is a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Check the device manager. Any unknown devices indicate missing drivers. Check what soundcard you have and if ur OS is 32 or 64 bit and get the newest driver installed.
If you need help we can make a teamviewer session tonight.

D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

14 hours ago, elbenvillas said:

Thanks

EZ

so it was working perfectly, you made some changes in the program settings and now it doesn't work. Therefore, logically, the cause is not likely to be drivers or hardware. What was the program you made changes to? Also, though, you said if I understand you, it never worked on Facebook chat(?). If that is he case, you seem to have two separate problems. As it seems like you don't want to troubleshoot them yourself, I agree with whoever suggested Wattana, except it might take a days depending on how busy they are.

i muddled around, checking this box and unchecking that box on the speaker and microphone.  I have it now to the point where the speakers and even the microphone works on Skype ( i did their Echo Sound Test Service).

So all good, exception on Facebook Messenger Chat.  Apparently this is something new, and some program has to be installed.  I am fiddling around trying to figure it out, I think I will end up finding a solution by stumbling in the dark for a while.

But then again, i have nothing but time on my hands here in Pattaya.

But thanks and all the input is appreciated very much.

EZ

On Facebook messenger, when i am doing video chat, i can see the other person, they can see me, i can hear them but they CANNOT hear me.

On Skype no such problem.

For watching movies on youtube, i have my laptop connected to my large screen TV using a HDMI cable booked up at both tv and laptop.  Both sound and picture is great.  You do have to go to the speakers and make the tv speakers your default speakers if you wish to hear the sound through your tv speakers.  Of course, also you have to use the setting for HDMI on your tv set too.

6 minutes ago, elbenvillas said:

i muddled around, checking this box and unchecking that box on the speaker and microphone.  I have it now to the point where the speakers and even the microphone works on Skype ( i did their Echo Sound Test Service).

So all good, exception on Facebook Messenger Chat.  Apparently this is something new, and some program has to be installed.  I am fiddling around trying to figure it out, I think I will end up finding a solution by stumbling in the dark for a while.

But then again, i have nothing but time on my hands here in Pattaya.

But thanks and all the input is appreciated very much.

EZ

It's very satisfying to work these things out on your own, isn't it?

• 2 months later...

Archived