Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World Superbikes in Thailand

PR1977

Chances are there will be a double header round of WSBK again next year in March at The Chang Circuit in Buriram.

Did anyone go to this year's last March? If so what was it like with costs, facilities, overall day(s) out etc

Really need Dorna to confirm Motogp next Oct and maybe some more accomm options will spring up....tests have been booked I think.

Not been but when I looked once it seemed like it might be difficult.

Didn't go this year but went the previous two years.

Cost: A three day main grandstand pass was 1100 ish baht.

Accomadation: we stopped at a great place 5 minutes ride from the circuit 500 baht per night. Unfortunately I have lost their details. My friend booked the rooms   the day the dates were announced. Book very very early I spoke to a few guys that were having to stay in Korat because of the lack of accomadation.

Facilities: Fantastic, from the top of the main stand you can see 90% of the circuit. The whole facility is impressive inc. a drag strip, football ground, market, stage for dancing girls and bands etc. Had two brilliant weekends there.

Definately recommend it. 

Top tip: It was bloody hot pick up a few bags of ice from 7/11 to keep cool.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good advice from TJ916, been there twice myself.

Would recommend it, a car or bike makes things easier to get around, yes its bloody hot in February, got bumped from our first choice accommodation by Booking.com in 2016, the Saturday race was only 50% full, Sunday rammed (many just ride/drive from Bangkok for the day).

Maybe future MotoGP race will mean slightly lower crowds for 2018.

20160312_110246.jpg

20160312_114113.jpg

20160312_120307.jpg

20160313_164836.jpg

20160312_120229.jpg

18 hours ago, tj916 said:

Didn't go this year but went the previous two years.

Cost: A three day main grandstand pass was 1100 ish baht.

Accomadation: we stopped at a great place 5 minutes ride from the circuit 500 baht per night. Unfortunately I have lost their details. My friend booked the rooms   the day the dates were announced. Book very very early I spoke to a few guys that were having to stay in Korat because of the lack of accomadation.

Facilities: Fantastic, from the top of the main stand you can see 90% of the circuit. The whole facility is impressive inc. a drag strip, football ground, market, stage for dancing girls and bands etc. Had two brilliant weekends there.

Definately recommend it. 

Top tip: It was bloody hot pick up a few bags of ice from 7/11 to keep cool.

I looked when WSB was first announced and there didn't seem to many hotels anywhere near the track....maybe that's improved.

Also I've heard it can be difficult getting to it on race day due to the sea of Honda Waves making their way in.

Dorna not confirming the October race, but they have booked testing there......... "the first test of 2018 will be held at Sepang, currently pencilled in for 28-30 January, before teams head on to Thailand for the second test on 16-18 February."

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/thailand-added-to-motogp-2018-winter-test-schedule-939487/

Thanks for the information.

I should be there 1st Dec till 31st March so definitely on the to do list.

Go to caddy shack and ask for the owners son, he is one of the top racers there

• 2 months later...

Dates confirmed for 24th and 25th March next year, hopefully new regs for 2018 will mean less of a procession for Rea and KRT.

Archived