Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

looking for Thai handbook/pdf

PartyHardy

I have the Pimsleur 30 Thai Lessons but I also looking for good handbook online that I can reference to. Like a phrasebook but very detailed.

i prefer it to be written in Roman alphabet, i cannot read thai script and have no intentions on learning their allphabet.

My plan is to learn how to speak and hear Thai. that is all.

i have rapidshare, megaupload. if you catch my drift

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

http://www.thai-language.com/dict/

this site is not too bad. when you type in a word it gives phrases and examples of the word in use. do not know if you have seen this one before.

http://www.thai-language.com/dict/

this site is not too bad. when you type in a word it gives phrases and examples of the word in use. do not know if you have seen this one before.

im already using it. im using a combination of resources

rosetta stone

pimsleur

w1370i.jpg

Also try to find someone who teaches in your area who is a native speaker. I just started with someone and its really helping me a lot.

+1 for thai langauge dot com

why not learn to read? it's not as scary as it seems, believe me, and it will help no end in being understood.

Edited by herds

• 2 weeks later...

request for anyone that has the full Pimsleur version....i only have the MP3 files. i've been searching the internet for the pdf/ebook but to no success. do any of you BMs have it? i know there is 1 because i have the ebook for the pimsleur spanish but for some reason the thai version didnt come with it or the file was excluded

w1370i.jpg

i dont think i got a pdf with mine, i just had a dictionary and a notebook + pen handy.

good luck with those lessons I think they're probably the best starter course i've used.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. here's another useful internet website for learn thai

http://www.thai2english.com

i dont think i got a pdf with mine, i just had a dictionary and a notebook + pen handy.

good luck with those lessons I think they're probably the best starter course i've used.

i definitely agree

Edited by PartyHardy

w1370i.jpg

hey guys. here's another useful internet website for learn thai

http://www.thai2english.com

i definitely agree

Yep its a good resource but some of the words on there dont get used at all anymore in normal conversation or are from the last century. Unfortunately you wont get this kind of information on the web. As previous posters have suggested, get yourself a decent teacher but not going to a language school or institution.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)