IGNORED

Etihad another failed investment.

mbamber

Etihad investment strategy seems to be failing after a major loss in revenue. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-27/etihad-posts-1-87-billion-loss-in-worst-blow-for-gulf-carriers

And this year things are getting worse Alitalia went bankrupt again costing Etihad  severely and now with the collapse of Air Berlin their bonds are now at a risk of failing will they have to be bailed out.

I'm really not surprised by this - I've used this airline to fly to Thailand 3 times, 12 flights in all. The plane's been full or approaching full twice at best. As recently as June I used them and all 4 legs were 50% at best - the AUH to BKK leg had less than 50 people on board a 400 capacity 777.

It seems at times that this airline is almost a vanity project

1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

I'm really not surprised by this - I've used this airline to fly to Thailand 3 times, 12 times in all. The plane's been full or approaching full twice at best. As recently as June I used them and all 4 legs were 50% at best - the AUH to BKK leg had less than 50 people on board a 400 capacity 777.

Never flown with them but flown with Emirates they seem reasonably full but they are concentrating on themselves. Etihad has minority stakes in 6 other airlines of which 2 have gone bankrupt this year. 

Just read this.

http://livefromalounge.boardingarea.com/2017/08/19/etihad-airways-london-spa/

Are they still sponsoring the Mancs?

8 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Are they still sponsoring the Mancs?

Etihad have the Etihad Stadium for Manchester City.  Emirates are far better the have the Emirates Old Trafford.

6 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Etihad have the Etihad Stadium for Manchester City.  Emirates are far better the have the Emirates Old Trafford.

Both are Northern Twats.

So I've heard.

8 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I take it you're joking? .....emirates old trafford is a cricket club lol

United's old trafford isn't sponsored afaik

17 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I take it you're joking? .....emirates old trafford is a cricket club lol

United's old trafford isn't sponsored afaik

No I am not joking Emirates Old Trafford is far better they play a proper sport there Cricket :Bravo1:

2 minutes ago, mbamber said:

No I am not joking Emirates Old Trafford is far better they play a proper sport there Cricket :Bravo1:

Profit warning from a middle east airline is more interesting than cricket :D

Just now, taylor1975 said:

Profit warning from a middle east airline is more interesting than cricket :D

Rubbish :D

22 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Both are Northern Twats.

So I've heard.

No Old Trafford is the 2nd oldest Cricket Test Ground in the world and The first Ashes Test Ground in England unfortunately it was a draw but the English beat the moaning Aussie's in the series. :D

1 minute ago, mbamber said:

No Old Trafford is the 2nd oldest Cricket Test Ground in the world and The first Ashes Test Ground in England unfortunately it was a draw but the English beat moaning Aussie's in the series. :D

Yes,it's seems they are one more series closer to getting it to the halfway series win mark.

18 minutes ago, mbamber said:

No Old Trafford is the 2nd oldest Cricket Test Ground in the world and The first Ashes Test Ground in England unfortunately it was a draw but the English beat the moaning Aussie's in the series. :D

and the scene of this (in)famous moment 

I might be wrong, but I think it was at Old Trafford where the only case of Sun Stopped Play in Tests occurred

9 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

and the scene of this (in)famous moment 

I might be wrong, but I think it was at Old Trafford where the only case of Sun Stopped Play in Tests occurred

That was some ball.

And it was a Test between West Indies & England and there could only be one Umpire to stop play for Sun the great Harold Dennis Bird AKA Dickie Bird.  His first 1st class match as a player was for Yorkshire against Scotland. :D

42 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Yes,it's seems they are one more series closer to getting it to the halfway series win mark.

32 England 32 Australia & 5 Draws so should not be long till we win half of them :D

48 minutes ago, mbamber said:

32 England 32 Australia & 5 Draws so should not be long till we win half of them :D

Test matches?:Oops3:

14 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

image.png.29c7952bc362843bc177d763178c8b3d.png

17 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Some British tradition to test matches before use

matches.jpg

7 hours ago, PR1977 said:

I'm really not surprised by this - I've used this airline to fly to Thailand 3 times, 12 flights in all. The plane's been full or approaching full twice at best. As recently as June I used them and all 4 legs were 50% at best - the AUH to BKK leg had less than 50 people on board a 400 capacity 777.

Really?  So the Etihad planes are flying empty to Thailand?  If so, is it all you can drink on these planes?  If yes to the two above, I'm gonna start flying them all the time! :Bravo1:

3 hours ago, mbamber said:

image.png.29c7952bc362843bc177d763178c8b3d.png

New emoji?

mybe let whitespider know and he will add it in.:Moon2:

8 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

New emoji?

mybe let whitespider know and he will add it in.:Moon2:

Already sujested one :D

Another bad report might be a nice airline but can the survive?

http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/08/19/when-deals-go-bad-a-tale-of-etihads-investment-struggles/

Etihad also recently sold its 33% shareholding in European regional-carrier Darwin Airline, their first investment under that now-discarded strategy, however  ...

" Other investments such as Air Serbia and Air Seychelles have been more successful. In those carriers, Etihad was given hands-on management control and benefited from close diplomatic ties. "

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-etihad-airways-restructuring-idUSKBN1A50MY

Archived