IGNORED

Where to find good baguette

xtremedude

I am looking for a place that sells good baguette, ones that are crusty outside and chewy inside.  Any recommendations?

Buy the bread in a supermarket in the  basement festival? take home put in a oven ( not microwave) till the bread is the way you like it, wait a few minuets before you slice it and fill it with whatever you got in the supermarket. You may have to invest in a small electric oven they can be high wattage.

Back Fabrik

Jomtien 2nd Rd

20 different filling options.

140-185 Baht

Crusty or Soft.

Clean and very fresh.

2 hours ago, adammike said:

Buy the bread in a supermarket in the  basement festival? take home put in a oven ( not microwave) till the bread is the way you like it, wait a few minuets before you slice it and fill it with whatever you got in the supermarket. You may have to invest in a small electric oven they can be high wattage.

Not sure I understand this.  How is heating bread in oven going to improve it?

3 hours ago, adammike said:

Not to mention you have to invest in a small oven. 

Labaguette In Naklua, in front of the Woodlands hotel

& their other branch on top of the hill going into Jomtien. 

haven't had the baguettes but the croissants are the real thing.

1 hour ago, xtremedude said:

Crispy on the outside soft in the middle just the way you like it,

Can you boil an egg?

5 hours ago, xtremedude said:

If you put a yesterday bought stale rubbery baguette (not a mouldy, week old thing) into a moderate oven for 10 mins it heats it up again making it 'crispy/crunchy' on the outside but still soft on the inside........and of course the smell......makes your kitchen like a bakery! But don't over cook as it obviously burns the outside and goes too dry on the inside.

Hot crispy baguette stuffed with lashings of beef and onion gravy.........mmmmmmmm!

I think Central  Mall which has a Top's supermarket  has an excellent bakery.  Get there between 10:00 and 10:30 ...they open at 10:00...hot out of the oven.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

While it is agreed that bread served warm is better, my question about heating baguette was in regard to improving quality.  To me crispy/crunchy outside and soft inside by heating baguette just doesn't cut it.  A good baguette should not be (in my opinion) soft inside but rather it has to have texture and be quite chewy inside.  Anyway thanks for the suggestions.  I guess I will just have to find what I like through trial and error of trying different places that sell baguette.

big C Extra on Pattaya Klang have many good type of bread.

and of course also baguette

Theres a French Bakery on the same Soi as Aroy, its over the Darkside, think its Soi 89, opposite Makro. All their bred is good.

Central Festival's supermarket, basement level....great baguettes and other bakery items.  

The multigrain baguettes in Tops in The Chilled on soi Khao Noi are delicious.

If you have an oven, Big C Extra sell them part baked.

la baguette restaurant.   have a bakery    one in jomtien and one in nakula. 

all the shopping supermarkets have good ones though

On 08/08/2017 at 4:16 AM, xtremedude said:

While it is agreed that bread served warm is better, my question about heating baguette was in regard to improving quality.  To me crispy/crunchy outside and soft inside by heating baguette just doesn't cut it.  A good baguette should not be (in my opinion) soft inside but rather it has to have texture and be quite chewy inside.  Anyway thanks for the suggestions.  I guess I will just have to find what I like through trial and error of trying different places that sell baguette.

The idea is to crisp it up in the oven then let it cool for ten minutes or so,it's just about impossible to cut bread straight out of the oven,a dry frying pan on a low heat source gas/electric /induction with a lid can work trial and error. 

On 08/08/2017 at 4:01 PM, marino28 said:

big C Extra on Pattaya Klang have many good type of bread.

and of course also baguette

Yes, they have a Frenchman in charge of the bakery.

Archived