Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Never been to bangkok or phuket . Donr pattaya 5 times.

tobeornottobe

I'm considering another trip in October or January.  I'm not sure yet . I've been to pattaya 5 times but never been to bangkok or Phuket . I'm wonder whether to skip pattaya this time and do bangkok and Phuket or just Phuket on its own the other option is a few days in bangkok and then taxi to pattaya.  The idea of nice beaches does appeal to me.  I'm.not a mad partier . I like to drink but when in pattaya I usually just went out early barfined early . Went for food and a few drinks with the girl but was back in the hotel by 12 or 1am . What he reckon guys 

It was a long time before I did something different besides Pattaya. Phuket is good for about 4 or 5 days. Check the weather before you go. If it's raining a lot don't go. Take Air Asia out of BKK. Use Agoda.com to book a room somewhere in the vicinity of Bangla Rd. (Phuket's Walking St. ) Google airport taxi service from airport to your hotel. Arrange ride to your hotel. Phuket has many day trips to the beautiful islands and beaches of S. TH. Worth seeing. Either take a girl you know or meet one there and go on the adventure. Warning: Phuket can be expensive ... for everything. Not same as Patts.

For BKK, I only like it for about 3 days. Too many people and traffic. But stay near Nana Plaza and BTS. Lot's to do at night and Sukhumvit is a circus all unto it's own. Go to at least one of the famous roof top bars in BKK. Take a GG. Go near sunset. Very surreal and beautiful. Stay out of Patong area. Nothing there really anyway. I usually stay Majestic Suites. Close to action. Sorry just a quick ramble and others have more ideas than me. Just my 2 cents. Have fun and go outside the box!

• 1 month later...

I started off going to BKK, 20 years ago.. till I met a thai girl that told me about Pattaya.. headed down there on my next trip and never set foot back in BKK again after that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends on what you wanna do, of course if it's to barfine girls Pats is the best place.

But if barfining girls isn't your main purpose Phuket and its surroundings (Krabi, Phi Phi aren't too far) is nice to be done, and you could stay at Patong and mix between beaches and bitches :Grin3: (bangla road)

And yes Phuket is more expensive for all, food, drinks hotels and for the girls it depends on your negotiation skills.

But yeah don't stay there too long, go for Samui (Which is also nice to find girls in some clubs) Pha Ngan and Tao ( nice islands with nice beaches and nice to explore on a scooter ).

Bkk is cool to visit too (head off to Ayutthaya for some old temples) and of course there's also a large red light district scene (maybe not as chilling as Pats but still good in its way)

If i were you and if i had time i would mixe the whole thing ;--)

Bangkok was a disappointment for me earlier this year, was visiting after 6 years & the character of the city seemed to have changed. While it was always a big, busy city, this time round it seemed to be just another metropolis with skyscrapers and harrowing traffic.

Visited Krabi for the first time & quite liked it, just bustling enough to keep it lively, nice beaches & day tours on the boats. A small segment of vibrant nightlife too.  

................................................................................................................

I really enjoyed Bangla, I was in the beer bars drinking from 9am with groups of bgs to myself :Party1: same as BKK, stayed in Nana hotel

(a new room) I was told,, sure does get more expensive though as it's hard to say no :wub:

• 3 months later...

You should definitely go to Phuket, it's more expensive than Pattaya yes but the beaches and the night life there are amazing.
If you're into clubs and stuff, definitely go there.

I've did chiang mai, Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya, the best city in my opinion is Phuket.
Bangkok, you should try Khao San road, but the night life there (clubs, etc...) are closed at 1-2am instead of 5-6am in Phuket.
Give both a try if you have the time and money tho

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Pattaya is fairly single minded destination. Given what your after I’d say they Phuket is definitely worth a visit.

i spent a few days in BKK during my june trip. Did the tourist thing and also introduced myself to nana plaza and Soi cowboy.

in feb thus year I did Phuket, Krabi, Chang Mai and finished in Patts (just to return the girl I borrowed for 3 weeks)

as already covered Phuket is great for beaches, entertainment and variety. The Krabi area landscape was spectacular, I’go back there. Island hopping is something that needs to be done once, but it’s so overcrowded with tourists.

the weather was great for my trip. I think that October and Jan are on the fringe of the wet season for Phuket so yiu May get some rain but it’s over quickly.

On 15/9/2017 at 03:05, iLoveit said:

Phuket is over rated. Go to Samui instead. Bangkok is good for 2 or 3 nights

I’d definitely agree with that. I’ve been to Phuket twice and don’t see myself going back. Overhyped and overpriced. I do regularly visit samui though as well as pattaya. Samui is more relaxed and probably has a similar number of girls to Phuket. Both are more expensive than pattaya but yet pattaya has more girls. I stayed in Patong in Phuket and there’s only one street for girls.I love starting in samui, I go scuba diving, I relax and unwind, and of course take girls! I’m usually well relaxed after my samui trip and ready to dive into pattaya. Sometimes I stop in Bangkok in between for a day or two. I would recommend a couple of days in Bangkok. An endless amount of things to do and see. I like soi nana and usually stay there, great street for nightlife and girls, and of course home to the famous nana plaza. Soi cowboy good for girls too, only a 15 minute walk from nana.

Archived