Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Petals inn

darpra

Hi,

Anyone stayed there? How was your experience? Is it guest friendly?

Also going by the reviews in Agoda it seem to have ceiling that's short. Im around 6ft.

Stayed here a few times!

Great place to stay!

Easy walkingdistance to NEP and guestfriendly!

Rooms facing the street are bigger with a view, but still quiet.

Rooms in the back are smaller without a window view.

No balconies.

Bedmatresses are very soft though some like that some don't, I prefer a harder bed myself!

Great bathroom with enclosed rainshower cubicle, also had an ironing board with iron!

Reception area and ground floor has a very low ceiling so if you are 6, 2" or taller watch your head! ;)

There is a lift.

No gym or swimming pool, restaurant downstairs

Plahgat

a few photos from 2013

597e5b6c34d37_PetalsInn4.JPG.18d088425a3240f30677fb06e0a79a26.JPG

597e5b6793c4b_PetalsInn1.JPG.7122aaa57a742272ce8147ef2aeddaaa.JPG

597e5b6aa9843_PetalsInn3.JPG.acedb27ce1af34670a57c82d0f6266f7.JPG

597e5b692a10d_PetalsInn2.JPG.a4f1d9f658a3ec4cabe422a370f10c83.JPG

When no money... she no give honey! 

Stayed there quite a few times and will be staying there again in a few weeks. I really like it, well situated for getting around BKK and the nightlife, staff are really helpful and friendly. 

The rooms are nice, the 2nd floor the ceiling is a little bit low like the reception. Really good value for money, rooms are better than Heaven@Four next door and the only plus the Dawin over the road has is the pool.  

Ok great thanks for the info guys. The low ceiling is the only thing that I'm worried about. Apart from that I think everything else looks great. Saw one youtube video and rooms look really clean and seems like the hotel has not aged much.

I stayed at Petals a couple of months ago. Room was relatively clean and decent. Great location and the room was quiet. Can confirm that the rooms are better than Heaven next door but I do feel that the Dawin is still far superior in terms of cleanliness and comfort.

Rooms are ok the main problem is the height of the ceiling in the hall from reception to the lift I'm 6 foot and have to duck they have put padding on some of the ductwork

10 hours ago, darpra said:

Ok great thanks for the info guys. The low ceiling is the only thing that I'm worried about. Apart from that I think everything else looks great. Saw one youtube video and rooms look really clean and seems like the hotel has not aged much.

That low ceiling only seems to be on the second floor and as you walk to the lift

The other floors it is normal height and bigger rooms

I only stayed on upper floors and rooms are normal in height.

Only issue for me is the matress way too soft, and small rooms in the back a bit dark without a window view.

Also stayed in both Heaven@4 and Dawin, had big issues with smell in both places,

In Heaven rooms smelled of insecticide and front room noisy from bar across the street!

Dawin hotel had a strong and annoying antiseptic smell that permeated the whole place from reception, hallways and inside rooms!

Plahgat

Never had heard of dawin but just checked in Agoda the price is way too high for my budget.

Heaven@4 was the second choice but I think I will just go ahead with petals. Otherwise there is parkway inn to choose from in that location for that kind of budget but that seems too old.

1 hour ago, darpra said:

Never had heard of Dawin but just checked in Agoda the price is way too high for my budget.

Heaven@4 was the second choice but I think I will just go ahead with petals. Otherwise there is parkway inn to choose from in that location for that kind of budget but that seems too old.

I would definitely go with Petals over Heaven. The rooms over at Heaven have degraded significantly over the past few years.

1 hour ago, darpra said:

Never had heard of Dawin but just checked in Agoda the price is way too high for my budget.

Stayed at Parkway Inn as well.

Old but wellkept rooms, bathroom a bit worn but OK.

Problem it was stinking heavily of cigarette smoke, and front rooms very noisy as traffic and Skytrain passes just outside your windows!

Plahgat

59823054e9e56_ParkwayInn1.jpg.58669c6051442f57aa6a0484dca39776.jpg

598230574012b_ParkwayInn2.jpg.58e9ef2670ea8247b78d3edb930e0a78.jpg

5982305975bda_ParkwayInn3.jpg.3c3fced2bb067532fd66090640132afe.jpg

Dawin Hotel is slightly more expensive with comfortable room, with the usual amenities.
Nice soft bed.
Nothing much negative about the room, a bit small, lighting a bit weak and view from my room just a concrete wall.
Better views from rooms facing the garden on opposite side.
No balcony or Kitchenette and windows didn't open.

One thing that annoyed me though was the anticeptic smell that permeated the whole hotel from the moment I walked in including my room!
I also felt the aircon although cool kept the room very humid and my sheets felt wet.
Nice small open swimmingpool on top with lot of sun.

Plahgat

dawin1.jpg.038d961e8929d6912984767446728cab.jpg

dawin2.jpg.6b23c5f5c3ca595352d92b5b246cfd9e.jpg

dawin3.jpg.df50d68f60fb5e0aba34f249f864dbb3.jpg

dawin4.jpg.36ee128b4159528d748504386fb49879.jpg

20 minutes ago, allwet said:

I would definitely go with Petals over Heaven. The rooms over at Heaven have degraded significantly over the past few years.

I stayed in Heaven@4 also this year!

Front room top floor, had a small window, small room with comfy bed, nice big bathroom.

Problem with music and karaoke noise at night from bar opposite hotel until 2-3 in the morning.

They have other more quiet rooms inside but no windows!

A heavy smell of insecticide in the room, made me sick with head ache and running nose!

Plahgat

598235bf66eec_Heaven@41.JPG.3f46f594f792cfc8608c14bf45fbf245.JPG

598235c2f19fc_Heaven@42.JPG.19da994426bdfbe11dfab489bf9f13f1.JPG

598235c8990cc_Heaven@45.JPG.17eaa531173dbf1401080594a41cae81.JPG

598235c5b5a9a_Heaven@43.JPG.8a8ddb0d84e7f2400ef7fd6b74c70ea5.JPG

Whenever I stay at Heaven@Four they keep upgrading me to a deluxe room which has no window, that's why I would rather stay at Petals. Been a few years since I stayed at Dawin but thought the rooms were looking a little tired, might have done them up since I last stayed there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have stayed a few times at Petals and i find it for a solo traveller a perfect hotel for the price and location but i have found during the stays lately that the standards have dropped in keeping it to a good standard , i have also seen the same type of review else where.. The height thing is not a problem to me being 5'8' but when my friend came and stayed a couple of nights, he did'nt like it being 6'1'

Archived