Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sportsman's Bar

I didn't see a thread for the Sportsman's Bar so here goes. I went there for the Sunday roast last week. A bit pricey around 475 baht but the best roast I've seen in pattaya so far. They had lamb which was pretty tender and shredded easily. It contrasts with Robin Hood's lamb which I literally could not cut with a serrated knife a few weeks ago.

They also had 2 soups, a decent range of gravies, horseradish sauce and beef bot well done and pinkish on the inside. The beef was a touch on the tough side. Next time I will try the roast chicken. I didn't notice any peas or Mint sauce though. Also had stuffing and a nice cheese cauliflower bake.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, a tad pricey, my favorite for a long time now, is Punch and Judy-and a lot cheaper than 475 B 

I've been several times over the years but never regularly as it's just too overpriced. The last time I went was at the beginning of this year and I found that several of the dishes were very tired-looking and some weren't being refilled. It may be because I went late afternoon, but for that price I think they should keep it fresh all day. They do serve it right into the evening so it's not as if I was there right at the end of serving time.

For not much more you can go to the Hilton for lunch (not on Sunday) which is better value.

The Robin Hood carvery is also worth trying.

I think that their Italian Buffet on Friday nights at 249 baht is good value for money. Pizza, pasta, different salads etc. All you can eat.

1 hour ago, Tarpon said:

I think that their Italian Buffet on Friday nights at 249 baht is good value for money. Pizza, pasta, different salads etc. All you can eat.

I agree. Not the world's best pizza but certainly good value compared to other food they serve.

• 1 month later...

Sportsman always has had quality food. I always have the regular roast as I cannot eat any more. Huge portions. Dave is a great bloke and operator and a West Ham supporter, need I say any more? 55555

image.png

On 9/24/2017 at 20:34, striderman said:

been running 20 years and that says everything

Twenty years in present location but on Soi Six for a long time before that, food there was also brilliant.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Go there once a week always great service and atmosphere, food has always been quality.   

On 24/09/2017 at 20:34, striderman said:

been running 20 years and that says everything

I've been going for three times as long and I'm nothing to write home about.

Been there a number of times(prob over 20) mostly breakfasts but always found it to be good food wise. Owner/manager seems good. One of my mates won their monthly comp too

Not sure id go too far out my way for it but stayed next door all my trips so its convenient.

Archived