IGNORED

Fisherman's Cafe Lakeside- disappointed

I just hosted a visit from an  Australian couple who are long term friends. They enjoy Indian food so for a change of scenery and culinary interest I took them to The Fisherman’s Café at the Lake. Turned out to be a disaster. The service was not good, that we can live with. The prices were very high, that we can live with. The great challenge to us was to eat the food. I was extremely embarrassed. The meals were close to inedible, unbelievably poorly prepared and cooked. I never experienced Indian food like this before. The special occasion will be remembered for what it was not. I was very disappointed and apologetic to my guests and  I insisted on picking up the check bin for all. Was our experience typical or were unfortunate to have  just picked a day when the apprentice started?   

Long way to travel for a load of expensive crap..............:wacko:

Hope this place has not gone downhill, every time I have been, its been good.

I went there a couple of years ago. Never again. The food was just plain inedible, and very overpriced.

Indian Roots down the road is much better, and places like AliBaba and Indian by Nature are better again (though more expensive).

This place has been crap the last few years...Went to the one on kowtalo the other day, ( Ram) I think it's called, it's quite good but if you want the best in town it has to be Indian by nature...

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, Jarrod2518 said:

I just hosted a visit from an  Australian couple who are long term friends. They enjoy Indian food so for a change of scenery and culinary interest I took them to The Fisherman’s Café at the Lake. Turned out to be a disaster. The service was not good, that we can live with. The prices were very high, that we can live with. The great challenge to us was to eat the food. I was extremely embarrassed. The meals were close to inedible, unbelievably poorly prepared and cooked. I never experienced Indian food like this before. The special occasion will be remembered for what it was not. I was very disappointed and apologetic to my guests and  I insisted on picking up the check bin for all. Was our experience typical or were unfortunate to have  just picked a day when the apprentice started?   

Why didn’t you go to an Indian restaurant?

And why did you expect to find a decent restaurant on the Dark Side anyway?

There are so many Indian restaurants in Central Pattaya... I have been to Maharaja several times - always good quality food... It is located off of Beach Road, 13/4... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Archived