IGNORED

German Tourist robbed and assaulted following trip to ATM.

LaaMok

Monday 1st December 2008

German Tourist robbed and assaulted following trip to ATM.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum, the Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police received a report in the early hours of Monday Morning of a foreigner who had been robbed and attacked at gun point on the Thappraya Road leading to Jomtien. The incident occurred at the intersection with the Tepprasit Road and the victim, Mr. Boris Theoner aged 40 from Germany, who sustained a head wound and other minor facial injuries explained that he had gone to use a nearby ATM Machine and when he was walking back to his hotel, two men on a motorbike pulled up beside him, and one of them placed a gun to the side of his head. The German was forced to hand over a Rolex Watch and a quantity of cash. Before the two assailants left they assaulted Mr. Theoner which the butt of the gun. He was attended to by a Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Ambulance and Police took full details of the two attackers who are now being located by Police who suspect they will re-offend if not caught soon.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2008/decemb...1_12_51_3.shtml

The assailants then returned to the hospital and battered him again when they found out the Rolex was only worth 2000 baht.

hmm. i knew something like this would happen.

i am assuming this happened at night time?

no matter what, i'm bringing my retractable baton with me. on vacation or at home.

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

The assailants then returned to the hospital and battered him again when they found out the Rolex was only worth 2000 baht.

Notice whenever a farang in Pattaya gets robbed, he has a real rolex or 1 million bahts worth of gold. I think somebodies telling a porky somewhere!

no matter what, i'm bringing my retractable baton with me. on vacation or at home.

I've carried stun guns and police batons... but its impractical and I dont do it anymore except when driving to work late. The baton has worn a whole in all my jeans pockets... i loose more change that way, that i would from a theft!

I've carried stun guns and police batons... but its impractical and I dont do it anymore except when driving to work late. The baton has worn a whole in all my jeans pockets... i loose more change that way, that i would from a theft!

i wouldnt think it would be a problem to bring it along with me whenever i make a trip sometime soon. i'll put it in my check-in suitcase (the one that goes in the cargo bay of airplane).

i dont know, i've lived in rough places and a weapon is a good crime deterrent/prevention. it makes any would-be muggers think twice.

kinda sucks for the guy after being mugged, he gets beat again at the hospital :Laugh1:

Travel, Alcohol, Girls, Gym

w1370i.jpg

kinda sucks for the guy after being mugged, he gets beat again at the hospital :Laugh1:

He was joking!

I'm disappointed with one fellow member is having a laugh with this poor germen who got robbed.... He is a real victim that could happen to the likes of us... I feel sorry for this German for his ordeal... Let hope he will be ok....

I'm disappointed with one fellow member is having a laugh with this poor germen who got robbed.... He is a real victim that could happen to the likes of us... I feel sorry for this German for his ordeal... Let hope he will be ok....

I'll take it thats me mate. This is the way I see it, in over 20 years living here I've never had a problem. Theres slight evidence here but most people that get mugged in Thailand bring it on themselves, by showing off ,flashing cash in bars and wearing expensive jewellery. It shouldn't be that way but unfortunately it is and there are plenty of warnings out there. I never let my missus wander about daily wearing her gold, unless we are driving to and from a specific event. I never give people the impression I'm worth mugging, hence why I've never had a problem but too many people come here thinking they are entrepreneurs of the year because they are in a poorer country and be someone they are not back home.

If you're being flash, especially in places like Patts, you are being watched. If you need to use an ATM late at night then use common sense, use one where there are plenty of people about. Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't got time for this b*****ks, seen it all before.

Edited by lincslad

Always carry a weapon.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I'll take it thats me mate. This is the way I see it, in over 20 years living here I've never had a problem. Theres slight evidence here but most people that get mugged in Thailand bring it on themselves, by showing off ,flashing cash in bars and wearing expensive jewellery. It shouldn't be that way but unfortunately it is and there are plenty of warnings out there. I never let my missus wander about daily wearing her gold, unless we are driving to and from a specific event. I never give people the impression I'm worth mugging, hence why I've never had a problem but too many people come here thinking they are entrepreneurs of the year because they are in a poorer country and be someone they are not back home.

If you're being flash, especially in places like Patts, you are being watched. If you need to use an ATM late at night then use common sense, use one where there are plenty of people about. Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't got time for this b*****ks, seen it all before.

Hummor on this board is usualy frowned apon and see as a flame or misinterprited by someone the wrong way.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I get your points about being flash.... True, I dont do flash myself or go through the lonely street on my own... Always on alert, carry as little money as possible 4,000 bahts max, leave the rest at the banks , things like that.... Crime is very bad in Pattaya, seen two jewellery snatched last summer in SOI Berhkow, same place twice within two days... All in all, I dont like victims to be laughed at, that all.... Hope that cleared our misunderstanding.... Have a good day Mate

At night I just stick to my neighborhood in Bangkok everyone knows me here and never fucks with me. I would think differently about walking down a strange and dimly lit soi at night.

Always carry a weapon.

:001_Sawasdee: Yea i always carry an AK47 assault rifle with me thats probably why i have never been mugged .555.or i am uglly and frighten the crap out off them :GoldenSmile1:

cheers chris :Disease1:

Wriggley Tin 1

They put a gun to his head, the poor fella must have thought he was going to die. The cops took descriptions of the scumbags but there isn't a hope that they will be caught.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 3 weeks later...

I do have to agree that when in PATTS don't go out like you're some type of "Super Star" all blinged up like your ready for the flashing lights. It's a time and place for that and I can tell you that PATTS is not one of those places. I feel sorry for the dude that got robbed or for that case anyone that gets robbed. Just be aware of your surroundings at all times. I will recommend that if you know you're running out of cash take care of that during the day time because we all know that just about everything bad happens at night.

• 1 month later...

Once thing I've noticed from viewing these postings about criminal activity,is that invariably someone makes a joke about the incident. There's nothing funny about such a viscious assault! This could happen to anyone visiting Pattaya, and certainly isn't a laughing matter.