IGNORED

Less aggressive antivirus for Win 7

The Sly Fox

Set up my laptop with Win 7 64 bit. I've tried just about every freeware antivirus available but they all wreck havoc getting into backup folders and deleting things left right & center. I've played around with settings but it makes no difference. After I've done a scan I find empty folders. I have a fair bit of copy software with cracks and this seems to be the main problem, the antivirus goes bezerk  deleting cracks and other things. I want an antivirus that will ASK ME FIRST, so I can click and say no this is OK leave the fucking thing alone. Even when I connected my external HDD with my backups the f'n antivirus got in there and deleted loads of stuff. Never had this experience before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I use Avast with my win 7 and have for years seems to work for me.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

have your normal clean operating system then have a virtualbox version with all your cracked shit in it.

google / youtube virtualbox.

50 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Give up, go to the pub.  Since you're in Pattaya, go to Le Pub.

5 hours ago, The Sly Fox said:

Set up my laptop with Win 7 64 bit. I've tried just about every freeware antivirus available but they all wreck havoc getting into backup folders and deleting things left right & center. I've played around with settings but it makes no difference. After I've done a scan I find empty folders. I have a fair bit of copy software with cracks and this seems to be the main problem, the antivirus goes bezerk  deleting cracks and other things. I want an antivirus that will ASK ME FIRST, so I can click and say no this is OK leave the fucking thing alone. Even when I connected my external HDD with my backups the f'n antivirus got in there and deleted loads of stuff. Never had this experience before.

What is “copy software”, illegal software ?

Exactly. Aren't you worried that all your "copy software" is loaded with viruses? That's why your anti-virus is going nuts. If you're going to use pirated copy software don't bother with an anti-virus.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Not just the cracked software but freeware things too have vanished.

• 2 weeks later...

Since making this post I've rebuilt the HDD. Got all that dodgy fake shit software that was installed at Tuk Com completely off. I had a copy of Win 7 64 bit, so formatted and installed that. Then I installed only legit software, none of which I paid for, all freeware that I found online. There's so much good freeware available there's really no need to use any of that cracked shit the Thai boys will load you up with. 

Anyway, no more problems, everything is running well. 

Archived