Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UK Credit Charge Fees Ban

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

At long last the British Goverment is to ban extortionate Credit Card charges and fees                                                                      from January 2018 this is long over due and is most welcome especially for me and i expect                                                                  for many others to, as i always pay for my flights with my credit card sometimes the fees and                                                                  charges can be anything from 1% to 3% make a big difference these fees.                                                                                           Pity it did not take affect immediately just about to book another flight to Pattaya for November.

I wouldn't get too excited. They will just increase the price (or the additional fees) of the flights to recover what they lose in CC fees.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This is not a good thing. At present only those paying by credit card are paying these fees, those who pay by debit card do not. Once the law changes, those companies who levy surcharges for credit cards will simply increase their prices for everyone to cover the fees

1 hour ago, Scumbag said:

I wouldn't get too excited. They will just increase the price (or the additional fees) of the flights to recover what they lose in CC fees.

Yes, expect your right there i forgot to add that, as you say they will only claw back there money in other ways.

• 2 weeks later...

they charge the fees because the card providers charge the supplier !! typically 2% hardly a rip off and its not going in the travel companies pocket complain to the card providers....or pay like 95% I'd imagine free with debit card

Archived