IGNORED

ireland to thailand ...what visa ? help

skorp

i have had some advice on another not very well known forum.  but got little advise.      i need to know this : 

my wife is in belfast / UK

she has ILR in UK

she wants only to travel via car from belfast overland to dublin airport then fly to thailand for 3 weeks to visit family

she will return same way

she will travel with me ( her spouse EEA national of irish & british nationality ) 

can she get an irish visa ( read somewhere its free )  or does she require a shengen ? 

PS .    we want to fly in 1st sept    return on   21 sept 2017.

PS.     i have wrote INIS   three emails in last week to ask them can she get an irish visa instead of shengen but i have had  no reply from them . 

13 hours ago, skorp said:

i have had some advice on another not very well known forum.  but got little advise.      i need to know this : 

my wife is in belfast / UK

she has ILR in UK

she wants only to travel via car from belfast overland to dublin airport then fly to thailand for 3 weeks to visit family

she will return same way

she will travel with me ( her spouse EEA national of irish & british nationality ) 

can she get an irish Visa ( read somewhere its free )  or does she require a shengen ? 

PS .    we want to fly in 1st sept    return on   21 sept 2017.

PS.     i have wrote INIS   three emails in last week to ask them can she get an irish Visa instead of shengen but i have had  no reply from them . 

My mate and his wife went to Dublin last year. She had a Thai passport and he had nothing. It is within the" Common Travel Area" They may check her passport, but there are only random checks. Schengen does not apply. Not done this myself only from what he told me.

Archived