IGNORED

Basic visa question, 30 day stamp, visit Cambodia then re-enter

Hermansen

Basic visa question. I am here in Thailand on a normal 30 day stay under the visa exemption scheme (?). Stamped on entry. Going to Cambodia for a few days, then coming back to Pattaya. I don’t want to make any assumptions, so asking.

Is my stamp multiple entry?

Do I need to explicitly tell immigration at Don Muang that I will re-enter?

Does the re-entry count toward the total allowed visits per year (if there even is such a thing any more) ? 

Thanks!

They will give you another 30 days on arrival. They are only good for the one stay. No need to tell them your plans.

The policy on the number of days that you can stay in Thailand under the visa waiver is all over the place. Unless you are spending a significant part of each year in Thailand it should not be an issue. If you are concerned get a visa before arriving.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The latest edict was only two entries on a visa exempt at a LAND border in a calendar year, no official restriction on arrival by air. If you do get a visa you will need to get a re-entry permit before you exit Thailand, otherwise your visa will be used up when you leave.  You can still get another 30 day entry when you return of course. 

I was fortunate, when I arrived at Suvarnabumi I had a Visa but I was only staying for 10 days, leaving for 12 days and then returning for 5 weeks. I spoke nicely to the immigration guy explaining my situation and he stamped me in for 30 days.....I never saw a Visa he said. Nice guy.!! When I returned I used my Visa. 

Ok, thanks! Sounds like I am good then as long as I arrive by air.

4 hours ago, Scumbag said:

The policy on the number of days that you can stay in Thailand under the Visa waiver is all over the place. Unless you are spending a significant part of each year in Thailand it should not be an issue. If you are concerned get a Visa before arriving.

I count 74 nights in 2017, including my coming trips in October and December.

4 - 5 trips a year.

Archived