IGNORED

Selling a motorbike, looking for information on transferring ownership

Chubzilla

Just bought a new steed so I have to sell my old one, does anyone know the process needed to do this in Pattaya? Specifically transferring of ownership. Search of the web had a few different scenarios, I came out a bit confused. 

Some say me as seller needs a residency certificate, but I can't see that being correct. I have all the proper registration papers (Green book), so once I find a buyer I need to know what I must to do show I have sold the bike to him. Has anyone done it recently or knows someone who has?

when i sold mine i had the residence certificate done at the immigration in jomtien soi 5.

i went with the buyer (that also need a residence certificate) at mityon and they made the whole process to transfer the property.

that is more expensive than land transport but for a motorbike maybe 700thb vs 1000thb and avoid all the hassle

22 minutes ago, PICCOLABESTIA said:

when i sold mine i had the residence certificate done at the immigration in jomtien soi 5.

i went with the buyer (that also need a residence certificate) at mityon and they made the whole process to transfer the property.

that is more expensive than land transport but for a motorbike maybe 700thb vs 1000thb and avoid all the hassle

was the residence certificate necessary though? since you can't buy the bike in the first place without one (or yellow book/work permit etc), I wouldn't think you'd need it to dispose (TIT tho obviously!) 

I like the idea of doing it at Mityon, makes it easier. Didn't realise you could do it there. Thanks for the info btw

Book in your Name you will need the two Thai Govt Papers signed plus the Book signed and residency Cert on Soi 5 Jomtien....Bike shops sell these Govt Papers Cheap...Resident Paper about 300 Baht and if you take it to a Inspection station Soi 4 Pattaya Tai they can do the Transfer for you at a Fair Price...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Archived