IGNORED

How do I recover using a system image on a partition in Win 10?

The Sly Fox

When I was using Win 7 I partitioned off a small part of my HDD and put a system image there. Any time my C Drive got corrupted or played up I'd simply reboot, hit F8 and direct the computer to format C: and make a nice clean reinstall from the system image.

Now I have a new laptop running Win 10. I've partitioned off a section of the HDD and put a system image there. But I can't see any way of getting Win 10 to find that system image. I've read lots of support pages but nothing works. I go into settings and recovery but whatever I try I just end up with it booting back into Windows.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

7 hours ago, The Sly Fox said:

When I was using Win 7 I partitioned off a small part of my HDD and put a system image there. Any time my C Drive got corrupted or played up I'd simply reboot, hit F8 and direct the computer to format C: and make a nice clean reinstall from the system image.

Now I have a new laptop running Win 10. I've partitioned off a section of the HDD and put a system image there. But I can't see any way of getting Win 10 to find that system image. I've read lots of support pages but nothing works. I go into settings and recovery but whatever I try I just end up with it booting back into Windows.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I created a USB recovery stick, but I never needed it.

You will most probably need a 32 Gb recovery stick.

10 hours ago, simplex said:

Boot into the recovery menu and choose restore the image from there: https://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/

If that does not work, use acronis true image to create a clean image and boot from the acronis CD to restore it.

Sent from my Bosch Ascenta 24" with Tapatalk

Thanks for the link. I've followed all these directions. Seems Win 10 cannot see the partition and the image, and I can't see any way to direct it to the location. Think I'll take the laptop to TukCom and have Win 7 installed. I find Win 10 too frustrating, and there's nothing about it that I prefer over Win 7.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived