IGNORED

38 day trip, VoA, staying on Koh Samui. Suggestions?

Bababoboman

Hi,

I just booked a 38 day trip to Thailand. The problem is that I'm traveling soon so I won't have time to get a tourist visa.

I'll be staying on Koh Samui for the most part of the trip. I've read about visa trips to the southern Myanmar border in Ranong but I'm not sure if that's possible in my case since I'm arriving on a VoA, is it? I guess most people go there to extend their visas. All I want to do is to get a new entry stamp...

Thanks in advance.

what country passport do you hold? if it's EU or states etc it is a visa exemption permission to stay that you get at the airport not VOA

There is an immigration office on Koh Samui (link - scroll down for map) so best to get a 30 day extension while you are there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

16 minutes ago, Scumbag said:

There is an immigration office on Koh Samui (link - scroll down for map) so best to get a 30 day extension while you are there.

I hold a EU passport. Perhaps I'm mixing up the terms here when saying VoA - I mean the 30 days you get when you arrive.

Is it possible to extend those 30 days at the immigration office on Samui? I was under the impression that was only possible if you had a visa. If that's so then then my problem had a quite easy fix 555. 

Just now, Bababoboman said:

I hold a EU passport. Perhaps I'm mixing up the terms here when saying VoA - I mean the 30 days you get when you arrive.

Is it possible to extend those 30 days at the immigration office on Samui? I was under the impression that was only possible if you had a Visa. If that's so then then my problem had a quite easy fix 555. 

you can easily extend the 30 days on arrival.

but good luck at the airline check in desk as you go to depart UK or EU as they may notice that your return flight is over 30 days away and possibly deny boarding on that basis. there will be no problem at swampy but you have to get there first

3 minutes ago, striderman said:

you can easily extend the 30 days on arrival.

but good luck at the airline check in desk as you go to depart UK or EU as they may notice that your return flight is over 30 days away and possibly deny boarding on that basis. there will be no problem at swampy but you have to get there first

Thanks man! I planning to buy a full flex ticket to a neighboring country that I can present for the check-in staff, which I will cancel once I'm in the country. 

1 hour ago, Bababoboman said:

Is it possible to extend those 30 days at the immigration office on Samui? I was under the impression that was only possible if you had a Visa. If that's so then then my problem had a quite easy fix 555. 

I knew what you meant and yes you should be able to get a 30 day extension on a visa exempt stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived