IGNORED

From Pratamnuk Rd. Soi 6

Mishko

Hi guys, I booked a hotel that is at the address above and would like to know my closest baht bus pick up points for getting around to Central Pattaya, Jomtien beach, etc.

They also offer taxi service here at this 3-star hotel, what are the price ranges typically (for getting around only)?

i stayed in soi 4 a few years ago,60 bht on a moto taxi, you would be lucky to get a baht bus,they generally won't stop for one person, or if they do its 100 baht min.

That soi is very long, if your the beach end, motorbike taxi is your only option or long work to the main Pattaya-Jomtien road, if your top end then easy to get baht bus in both directions at the traffic light junction  

13 hours ago, splitpin said:

That soi is very long, if your the beach end, motorbike taxi is your only option or long work to the main Pattaya-Jomtien road, if your top end then easy to get baht bus in both directions at the traffic light junction  

I have no idea on what point along the road it lies, but it says it's in Phra Tamnak Hill, and about 800 m from the beach.

Baht bus point is at the corner of Phra Tamnak and Thappraya. So the further you are from the beach, the shorter the walk. Just a couple of minutes walk from the top of Soi 6 to the corner of Thappraya.

Of course it would have been a lot easier if you had named the hotel in the first instance.....

3 hours ago, GreyMan said:

Of course it would have been a lot easier if you had named the hotel in the first instance.....

Butterfly Garden Boutique Residences 

On 09/07/2017 at 8:24 AM, Mishko said:

I have no idea on what point along the road it lies, but it says it's in Phra Tamnak Hill, and about 800 m from the beach.

Try Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/KwAgCbMDUrJ2

That hotel is 2 or 3 minutes walk from the junction of Pratumnak and Thappraya, where Bahtbuses run 24/7 in both directions for 10B.

your fucked.  you boys without your own transportation need to check the routes first, then book

your only option is a motorcycle taxi, which is not such a bad thing but nessessary

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

your fucked.  you boys without your own transportation need to check the routes first, then book

your only option is a motorcycle taxi, which is not such a bad thing but nessessary

Somewhat of an exaggeration. As KittenKong has alluded, a 300 metre walk to the junction. No need for motorcycle taxi unless seriously drunk. 

from his intersection he must walk up a hill to the fifth intersection and then to the right for a bit.     Map says 700 meters by the way

so you walk 700 meters, much of it up hill, and then you go to pattaya and you never sweat...damn

as I said, a motorcycle

9 hours ago, just hanging said:

from his intersection he must walk up a hill to the fifth intersection and then to the right for a bit.     Map says 700 meters by the way

so you walk 700 meters, much of it up hill, and then you go to pattaya and you never sweat...damn

as I said, a motorcycle

Map says 500 metres. Maybe you are old and not really up to a 500 metre walk.

CryBaby.jpg

As an aside, I fully recommend that he makes use of the La Baguette shown on the map. Their pastries are good.

14 hours ago, just hanging said:

The room is 180 sq m, jacuzzi + pool. Review score on Agoda: Excellent : 9 

18 nights: 17580 BHT, I think it's too good to let it go.

Even taking 20 buses a day for 10 BHT, it will work out for me

1 hour ago, GreyMan said:

Map says 500 metres. Maybe you are old and not really up to a 500 metre walk.

CryBaby.jpg

Provided that information is accurate, 6 min walk...I'll take it 

3 hours ago, Mishko said:

Provided that information is accurate, 6 min walk...I'll take it 

The information is accurate.

If for any reason, you feel unable to walk up to Thappraya, walk on to Soi 6, clap your hands loudly and shout "mo sai!" One of the motorcycles taxis at the corner of Soi 6 and Phra Tamnak will come to you. 

Also, take their numbers in case it is raining and you want them to go to collect some food for you or to organise a taxi to the airport for you.

Thanks GM, It would be helpful to have access to a baht bus network map in Pattaya. It doesn't have to be spot on but approximate, is there such a thing? Since the beach is about 800 m away that will be a different story.  Any comments on Pratamnuk Beach?

Just now, Mishko said:

It would be helpful to have access to a baht bus network map in Pattaya. It doesn't have to be spot on but approximate, is there such a thing? Since the beach is about 800 m away that will be a different story.  Any comments on Pratamnuk Beach?

Phra Tamnak beach is certainly more pleasant than Pattaya beach.

You likely won't understand any Baht bus map. From where you live, one way goes in to Pattaya and the other to Jomtien. Get on without speaking to the driver. Whenever you want to get off, ring the bell and hand the driver ten baht. 

bahtbusroutes.jpg

Couple of beaches in Pratamnak. We prefer one in the end of Pratamnak soi4. Nice bars(big Leo 80bht) there and the beach is very small. Not so many people around.

Just don't go swimming. Water is filthy with loads of crap in it. 

IMG-20170623-WA0004.jpeg

9 hours ago, jpmelville said:

Couple of beaches in Pratamnak. We prefer one in the end of Pratamnak soi4. Nice bars(big Leo 80bht) there and the beach is very small. Not so many people around.

Just don't go swimming. Water is filthy with loads of crap in it. 

IMG-20170623-WA0004.jpeg

Thanks for the info. So for beaches with water options, what's best? Naklua? 

10 minutes ago, Mishko said:

Thanks for the info. So for beaches with water options, what's best? Naklua? 

Koh Larn or your swimming pool.

Archived