IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

Food looks great, where is this?

2 hours ago, pseudolus said:

http://www.greyhoundcafe.co.th/branch/dluck-cinematic-thetre-pattaya/

An offshoot from the Greyhound Clothes shops. My SIL used to work there in HQ in accounts. 

Close, pseudolus, very close .. but, you've got it backward, and then there is a prior piece the company would probably rather forget which is missing.

[ Forum members in the creative fields might find this story amusing. ]

The restaurant came first, then the fashion line .. but, preceding them both was the Greyhound Ad Agency.

Greyhound started as a popular and well-known Thai ad agency about 20+ years ago, owned by some intellectually overbred Thai hi-so family .. but, not a very bright or creative agency, as clients eventually discovered .. they actually had the temerity to copy their own friggin' logo and name from the well known Greyhound Bus Lines in the U.S. .. just hilarious!

The Greyhound bus .. 596397ce56187_GreyhoundBus.jpg.7f305cd2700d70c7569a6b99b07bc6b4.jpg 

And, the Greyhound Bus Lines logo .. 596397f4a5175_GreyhoundBusLogo.jpg.a4ac903af49d675022865346695780c0.jpg  

Then, Greyhound Thailand's pirated logo .. 596398992499a_GreyhoundCafePiratedLogo.png.b7b1d83a7c696f437a0d5a84fea9c8bf.png

Ja-HE-sus, they even used the same typeface! .. even proudly trademarked it for themselves! .. what frauds!

Years ago, their blatant trademark infringement was debated on a local forum in which one of the agency employees actually defended their design, claiming that they were "similar, but different", and explained that it was just coincidental .. their whole defense was just so embarrassing .. they actually had no understanding of intellectual property! .. an ad agency!

Well, they turned out to be better restaurateurs than creative advertising execs, and have since apparently migrated into fashion .. their restaurants are all over, and are apparently trading well.

They formerly prominently displayed the greyhound dog in their cafe logos, which has now been deleted .. too embarrassing, I suppose ..

5963a51808f4e_GreyhoundCafeImage1.jpg.9c5eed38e9959a543e78201b0a6e3ee6.jpg    5963a51e0e9c2_GreyhoundCafeImage2.jpg.4bc6e1afca919fa47c1ed1bae586931b.jpg

I enjoyed their Greyhound Cafe in Bangkok at the Emporium years ago .. good menu, nice mix of fusion, moderate prices, good quality food, nice atmosphere .. but their consistently crappy, slow service prevented me from putting it on my regular rotation.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

2 minutes ago, brutox said:

Close, pseudolus, very close .. but, you've got it backward, and then there is a prior piece the company would probably rather forget which is missing.

The restaurant came first, then the fashion line .. but, before them both was the Greyhound Ad Agency.

Greyhound started as a popular and well-known Thai ad agency about 20+ years ago .. but, not a very bright or creative one, as Thais eventually discovered .. they actually had the temerity to copy their own friggin' logo and name from the well known Greyhound Bus Lines in the U.S. .. just hilarious!

Well I never. Well anyway, live and learn as they say :) 

Archived