IGNORED

Never satisfied

petermik

Being an expat I have my favourite watering hole,out tonight with my TGF and she spots a farang entering the bar with his lady who works in a well established massage parlour on soi Buk opposite,oh she says this man come back again.....we see him quite regularly,nice pleasant bloke keeps himself to himself etc...........and behind him following on are half a dozen or so of the other ladies,obviously work collegues of his lady,large Leo,s all round and for a couple of hours they were happy to enjoy drinking in his company plenty of refills for anyone that needed,around 10pm he decides to call it a night (probably tired from the flight) so he goes to the counter to settle the bill,no problem he picks up the tab and returns back to the table to say goodnight to the few ladies that are left,I hear one of the girls commenting to him "cheap charlie" after turnig down a request for further drinks to be supplied.

I sincerly hope he,s learnt a lesson.......:ThumbDown1:

Entitlement. Its never far from the p4p scene.

I have a Thai girlfriend here in australia who has been here for about 10 years. She owns a restaurant with a Thai.  They go back to Thailand every year. She doesn't go out with his friends anymore in thailand as they are expected to pay for everything. There is never an offer to share the bill they usually just leave and leave the bill.

It seems to be the attitude that they live in australia so must have plenty of money.

It was interesting to learn that it's not just us farang that are expected to pay for everything.

Have happened to me once as well. Met a TG on TLL, she has about 8 cars she rents out, so she is not "on the game" as such. Anyways, one of her girlfriends were celebrating her birthday, and i was invited with the tg. We went to a restaurant on beachroad, 5 people total. After dinner and drinks, the birthdaygirl looked at me and said "You pay". I told her that i would be happy to pay for myself and the tg i was with, but as we (i) were invited, there would be no way i was paying for everything. Birthdaygirl looked at me with fire in her eyes and said that she didnt bring money because it was her birthday!!

Thai logic at it's finest.

Anyways, The tg i was with got really mad, but surprisingly not at me... She told me to just pay for myself, she then threw 1000 baht on the table, got up and said to me "let's go". I didnt really know if i should just start laughing right there and then :) So realising there were still knives on the table, i hauled ass outta there with the tg and never saw the birthdaygirl again.

when we take out a girl in the US, we pay no questions asked......not sure how that got started

here they just think we all are really rich and throw our money around......not far from the mark

What happens in pattaya is not generally what happens in the rest of Thailand. Falangs in patts are looked down upon.

ive never had a problem being takin advantage of in other parts of Thailand.

although when I take a lady out for dinner and if her friend accompanys us, a gentleman picks up the tab.

when I take a lady out for dinner and if her friend accompanys us, a gentleman picks up the tab.

Isn't that one of the classic cons when the girl brings a friend a long for food, just taking advantage.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Isn't that one of the classic cons when the girl brings a friend a long for food, just taking advantage.

These are gentleman and lady arrangements 

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No, a good friend of our spends the odd evening with us. And is happy to buy drinks later. And when eating cheap thai food, it only adds 100 baht to the bill. So hardly taking advantage.

Guess it all depends if you feel like your being taken advantage of or happy to pay.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tidiver said:

Guess it all depends if you feel like your being taken advantage of or happy to pay.

how can a little girl take advantage of you unless you allow it?   if they are forcing you to do something you dont want to do, you should call the tourist police

Just hanging I was replying to the orginal post. I've spent the last 5 summer's between PH, TH and believe me I dont let them bring the whole family on a date. Calling the tourist police in any country should always be your last resort. You can't be serious about that one.

Archived