IGNORED

Tourist visa for Thai to USA

rollingstonedan

Hi gents.

Just wondering how you guys have gotten on getting a tourist visa for a Thai partner to the U.S?

I'm thinking of going there next year with the mrs. I hold a British passport. She has been on holiday to U.K and also has a tourist visa for Australia ( where I live ) and will visit this month. All went through ok. So I'd like to think a tourist visa to the U.S shouldn't be too hard. Or do we need to take our shovels and start tunnelling??

I did try to find a post on here regarding the subject but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of the stories that you will hear on hear about about US residents trying to get on for a Thai. They will tell you that they are very difficult to obtain. However I think that as a non-US resident you should have less problems. I knew someone who was in a similar position as you and he contacted the embassy and was told that it should be OK (although he didn't go through with it). I think you should do some research on what is required and give it a go. Her visits to Australia and the UK will certainly help her application. One thing to remember is to give them no reason to suspect that she has worked as a prostitute.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I was able to get a tourist visa for my TGF in late 2015. I did all the paperwork myself and got needed docs from her when needed. Her interview at the Consulate only took 10 minutes. 10 visa granted. 

Their main criteria for approval is that she has a long term steady job, property and family. They want to make sure that she has a compelling reason to go back home and not overstay her visa. 

Good luck!

Basically they have to have enough money that they would qualify off the visa oh their own: money, job, property plus a compelling reason to go back home. The US does not make it easy.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Archived