Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

best time for taxi

whistlerone

as usual the more i read the more horror stories i hear.wondering if there is an ideal time to catch taxi from BKK airport to pattaya as opposed to peak hour gridlock with kamakazi drivers. thx

Why not just book a driver through someone like nams.   Usually safe drivers and zero chance of being ripped off. 

1200 BKK to patts,  a girl I know made the mistake of a taxi and didn't specify meter... 1800 was the cost and he apparently was a nutcase behind the wheel. 

The best time is just after you get through customs. 

The longest and shortest taxi trip times between BKK and Pattaya omitting outliers can not be more than 45 minutes max. 

The only way you can alter this is delay your arrival time by getting a later flight and why would you knock hours off your trip to save minutes in a taxi. Of course you could set off earlier too but if you can do that why aren't you doing it in the first place? 

Avoid kamikaze drivers by booking with a recommended driver/company. 

thx for replys so i,m guessing there are no peak hour traffic times where traffic is at a standstill for hours,excuse my lack of knowledge on all things asia lol 

2 minutes ago, whistlerone said:

thx for replys so i,m guessing there are no peak hour traffic times where traffic is at a standstill for hours,excuse my lack of knowledge on all things asia lol 

From BKK as it's at the southern end of Bangkok there's only really a small area where you'll get stuck... DMK on the other hand As it is north of Bangkok you can be in areas where you'll barely move for half an hour  during peak hour. 

Just now, Nando9999 said:

From BKK there's only really a small area where you'll get stuck... DMK on the other hand you can be in areas where you'll barely move for half an hour  during peak hour. 

Use Google maps before getting into your taxi at DMK and you can avoid this sometimes. Most drivers are happy to be shown a slightly longer route that will knock a great deal of time off the journey. Also done this to avoid blockages coming into Pattaya while the tunnel has been going on. 

34 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Use Google maps before getting into your taxi at DMK and you can avoid this sometimes. Most drivers are happy to be shown a slightly longer route that will knock a great deal of time off the journey. Also done this to avoid blockages coming into Pattaya while the tunnel has been going on. 

Nams drivers use their phone on Google Maps to navigate from what I've seen. 

If it were quicker I'd trust that a local would have a better idea than myself so am happy to leave it in their hands,  I try and avoid DMK anyhow,  I always FUCK up and miss my flights there 555

I would be more concerned about airline arrival, departure times. hotel location.  Than traffic from BKK to your hotel

Are you you concerned about traffic from your home to your local airport.  

As others have said, pre-book a driver with( Mr. T, Meow, Nam etc.)

Just get a prebooked taxi from one of the many providers listed here in the Transportation and Travel section, and let them worry about the traffic. Going from BKK to Pattaya on Motorway 7 shouldn't be a problem aside from maybe late afternoon/early evening Fridays (or before holidays) when many Thais go out of the city for the weekend?

Archived