IGNORED

Eva economy review

OmarB

Had been shuttling backwards and forwards on Cathay to Hong Kong when back in uk last week colleague asked if I fancied joining him and his mate for a short trip to Pattaya.. Needing little encouragent I booked Eva economy as had to pay for trip myself as not work related. Managed to book the non stopper at £442 which considering only booked 2 days previously was fair old result.

I had not flown Eva since 2005 on the route and as such T2 was now the terminal. Be warned the gate was some way from the main departure lounge ! If you're slow walking dont leave it to last minute.

Clearly this aircraft had been recently retrofitted as everything looked brand new. Registration number said 7 years old so probably first refit recently. All boxes were removed from under aisle seats very spacious indeed claimed 33" pitch felt bigger too me. Very comfortable seats indeed configured 3-3-3 abreast

Food was usual economy stuff had better and worse over the years. Bit stingy on the drink trollies. We went to back in turn to get reloads no problem with that. Absolutely no turbelance in entire 11 hours 5 minutes airtime that I noticed.

Around 70% full. Very few white westerners on flight maybe just 20-25 mainly Thais and Taiwanese. Thats borne out by pattaya very very quiet last night and just 4 of us by pool today

8/10 for Eva....I wouldnt bother with stopovers if that pricing level were to be maintained

1 hour ago, OmarB said:

Had been shuttling backwards and forwards on Cathay to Hong Kong when back in uk last week colleague asked if I fancied joining him and his mate for a short trip to Pattaya.. Needing little encouragent I booked Eva economy as had to pay for trip myself as not work related. Managed to book the non stopper at £442 which considering only booked 2 days previously was fair old result.

I had not flown Eva since 2005 on the route and as such T2 was now the terminal. Be warned the gate was some way from the main departure lounge ! If you're slow walking dont leave it to last minute.

Clearly this aircraft had been recently retrofitted as everything looked brand new. Registration number said 7 years old so probably first refit recently. All boxes were removed from under aisle seats very spacious indeed claimed 33" pitch felt bigger too me. Very comfortable seats indeed configured 3-3-3 abreast

Food was usual economy stuff had better and worse over the years. Bit stingy on the drink trollies. We went to back in turn to get reloads no problem with that. Absolutely no turbelance in entire 11 hours 5 minutes airtime that I noticed.

Around 70% full. Very few white westerners on flight maybe just 20-25 mainly Thais and Taiwanese. Thats borne out by pattaya very very quiet last night and just 4 of us by pool today

8/10 for Eva....I wouldnt bother with stopovers if that pricing level were to be maintained

Been using EVA Lon-BGK for the last 15 years 3/4 times a year no complaints from me.

I flew in March and still had the box under the isle seat.. flying again in sept and really hope they have moved it. It's my only annoyance with Eva.. also don't like the stupid little foot rests on the thai Airbus that dig into your shins 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Been looking at Eva, but the early morning return flight puts me off a bit .

How do you guys manage to get to swampy so early for the flight ?    

8 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Been looking at Eva, but the early morning return flight puts me off a bit .

How do you guys manage to get to swampy so early for the flight ?    

???

it leaves at 1250 (lunchtime). Agree, taxi at 8.30am isn't ideal but not too bad. Main issue for me is arriving at LHR at 7.30pm. Don't really fancy a 3 hour drive, leaving LHR 8.30 or so. End up paying for a hotel.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes, i suppose getting a taxi would be the best option . 

I usually get the 389 bus to the Airport, so i would need to get out early ..Lol

Are the Eva planes usually rammed full  ?

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Yes, i suppose getting a taxi would be the best option . 

I usually get the 389 bus to the Airport, so i would need to get out early ..Lol

Generally busy when I've been on them but I'm in Biz so don't really notice what Economy is like.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, neo1011 said:

I flew in March and still had the box under the isle seat.. flying again in sept and really hope they have moved it. It's my only annoyance with Eva.. also don't like the stupid little foot rests on the thai Airbus that dig into your shins 

This aircraft inside literally looked fresh from the factory so could have been the aircraft you were originally on now refitted.. it was pristine inside everywhere

4 hours ago, davidge said:

Not always. Last time I used them about a year ago I got a set of 3 seats to myself. Needless to say I slept well on that flight :)

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

10 hours ago, neo1011 said:

Prior to flying with EVA back in May, I'd read about the boxes under the aisle seats C, D and H so selected aisle seat G to avoid them.

On both flights though I didn't see any boxes under the other aisle seats.

40 minutes ago, ableyone said:

Prior to flying with EVA back in May, I'd read about the boxes under the aisle seats C, D and H so selected aisle seat G to avoid them.

Thanks for the tip. I have just changed both flights to isle G seats

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

10 hours ago, ableyone said:

just reading up on eva retrofitting all the 777's apart from everything else are having the avod boxes relocated under cabin floor as part of refit

Archived