IGNORED

Proper ribs.

Different types of ribs require different handling. 

I agree that the smoking process adds enormous flavor , I love anything smoked....meat, fish, even cheese....

I have done my share of rib cookery .... and fed the masses in the process....once an entire hospital staff in Tennessee and the consensus was very good, so I must have something right....

At home  I simply season and slow cook them in the oven.  Towards the end as they get tender I will sauce them and turn up the heat so the sugars in the BBQ sauce carmelize on the meat.

I like the ribs sold by street vendors in Pattaya, my favorite is from Soi 10 close to the Second road side , although ones I have purchased from Soi Diana were also good and less expensive.

Boiling ribs first will speed up the cooking process and add to tenderness , and I also agree the membrane on the back of rack should be cut off or scored with a sharp knife.

Different breeds of swine , different sauces , different sizes, different tastes...... 

In the US there are 4 distinctly different BBQ styles ..... Kansas City , Carolina , Memphis, Texas

All claim to be the best.....

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

When Terminal 21 opens soon, next to the Dolphin Roundabout - check out Tony Romas.  There is a Tony Romas restaurant in the Terminal 21 that is next to ASOK sky train station in Bangkok.  Perhaps there will be a Tony Romas Ribs restaurant in the new Terminal 21 in Pattaya.  This remains to be seen.  I drove by the new Terminal 21 in Pattaya today and there were workmen all over the place - they were paving the outdoor area with asphalt.  They are moving quickly - I suspect they want to be open for 'High Season' later this year.

'Smokin' Joe's' has tasty ribs and so does 'BBQ Prime Time'.

'Kinneree', (mentioned above in this thread.) has outstanding ribs!

• 9 months later...
On 23/08/2018 at 19:37, Komando said:

When Terminal 21 opens soon, next to the Dolphin Roundabout - check out Tony Romas.  There is a Tony Romas restaurant in the Terminal 21 that is next to ASOK sky train station in Bangkok.  Perhaps there will be a Tony Romas Ribs restaurant in the new Terminal 21 in Pattaya.  This remains to be seen.  I drove by the new Terminal 21 in Pattaya today and there were workmen all over the place - they were paving the outdoor area with asphalt.  They are moving quickly - I suspect they want to be open for 'High Season' later this year.

'Smokin' Joe's' has tasty ribs and so does 'BBQ Prime Time'.

'Kinneree', (mentioned above in this thread.) has outstanding ribs!

No such luck unfortunately.  I was hoping they would do a Pattaya branch as well. 

Odd that there’s only one Tony Roma’s in the whole of Thailand. Franchisee must have run out of money. 

Archived