IGNORED

Diving

Organic

My last time I was in Thailand I was unfortunately unable to go diving due to an injury.

I am itching to go this time. I've been on at least a dozen trips. Three of them have been with TG's onboard. If you have a good crew of people and entertainment (TG's) it can be great times if you like sea, sun and .....

I have two friends who are not a part of this board who are interested. If I can muster up other interested parties can rent a good boat to go out on.

Length, place, etc can be discussed.

My last time I was in Thailand I was unfortunately unable to go diving due to an injury.

I am itching to go this time. I've been on at least a dozen trips. Three of them have been with TG's onboard. If you have a good crew of people and entertainment (TG's) it can be great times if you like sea, sun and .....

I have two friends who are not a part of this board who are interested. If I can muster up other interested parties can rent a good boat to go out on.

Length, place, etc can be discussed.

I don't know if you can rent a boat with diving material. However, plenty of boats make daily trips to the dive sites in and around pattaya. I have used Aquanauts when I was in Pattaya and have been very happy with their service. They can be found on Soi6 towards the end of Beach Road.

Mermaid Diving is supposed to be the biggest in Pattaya, but we saw the Mermaid boat a few times and it always looked a bit overcrowded.

I think both of them are good, but I like Aquanauts because of the relaxed atmosphere and the not so crowded boat.

For the best diving in Thailand you should go to Phuket to take one of the live-aboards that go to the Similan Islands. I have been there on the Pawara, which was the best live-aboard I have ever been on.

Enjoy the Scuba!

I have done 2 trips to the Surin/Similans. Agreed that it is difficult to beat. On a few different trips I fell in love with Satun, Trang, Samui, Phuket and the Perhentians in Malaysia. This time I was thinking about the eastern seaboard. One of my buddies is based out in Ko Chang. I went out on his boat and cruised the surrounding islands last year. Looks like a place that warrants further exploration.....Ko Mak, Ko Rang, Ko Kood, etc....

In all honesty, I haven't heard many good things about diving neat Pattaya. There are places far better so close. Ko Chang is closer.

you can also try Carl at CJ'S dive on Soi 1 www.cjdive.com or phone 038-41691 e-mail is [email protected]

Carl is a good shit, ex US Army

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

I have done 2 trips to the Surin/Similans. Agreed that it is difficult to beat. On a few different trips I fell in love with Satun, Trang, Samui, Phuket and the Perhentians in Malaysia. This time I was thinking about the eastern seaboard. One of my buddies is based out in Ko Chang. I went out on his boat and cruised the surrounding islands last year. Looks like a place that warrants further exploration.....Ko Mak, Ko Rang, Ko Kood, etc....

In all honesty, I haven't heard many good things about diving neat Pattaya. There are places far better so close. Ko Chang is closer.

If you want to go for fun diving, than Pattaya is not your best destination. I was doing a diving course and for that purpose, Pattaya is very good. The weather is great, plenty of competition between the dive schools which keeps prices low, visibility is not good, which makes you a better diver when learning in those conditions, and you don't easily get bored in the evenings :P

I'm heading over in May. Going to do a dive itrip to the Surin/Similans then head to pattaya.

Would definatly be up for a boat trip with some board members.

From past experience its worth donig a few dives in pattaya, but it doesn't rate as a great dive site.

The sea has been serously and systematically overfished for years, you won't see much life down there.

But theres some interesting wrecks and there are still few better ways of spending a day than chilling on a boat in the sun.

A lot of the dives go from a port south of pattaya which is quite interesting. Its a glimpse )and smell) of the real thailand with no farags.

Last time I was out there I found it hard going diving during the day and proping up bars all night.

Its ok for a few nights, but the 7 ocloak starts get hard and diving is physcially tiring, after a week of that i'd really run myself into the ground.

So this time i'm trying to do the majority of my diving on a liveaboard, and the majority of my partying in pattaya wiht perhaps the odd dive if i feel the urge.

I'm heading over in May. Going to do a dive itrip to the Surin/Similans then head to pattaya.

Would definatly be up for a boat trip with some board members.

From past experience its worth donig a few dives in pattaya, but it doesn't rate as a great dive site.

The sea has been serously and systematically overfished for years, you won't see much life down there.

But theres some interesting wrecks and there are still few better ways of spending a day than chilling on a boat in the sun.

A lot of the dives go from a port south of pattaya which is quite interesting. Its a glimpse )and smell) of the real thailand with no farags.

Last time I was out there I found it hard going diving during the day and proping up bars all night.

Its ok for a few nights, but the 7 ocloak starts get hard and diving is physcially tiring, after a week of that i'd really run myself into the ground.

So this time i'm trying to do the majority of my diving on a liveaboard, and the majority of my partying in pattaya wiht perhaps the odd dive if i feel the urge.

Check out the Burma Banks, too. You can do this liveaboard trip in conjunction with a Similans trip from Phuket. You'll see lots of sharks, including whale sharks. Pattaya diving does suck. You'll have to go out to the islands around Koh Chang to find some decent diving that is somewhat near Pattaya.

Edited by Belem

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream, it's my nightmare. Crawling, slipping along the edge of a straight razor and surviving...."