IGNORED

Child support payments in Thailand

Notherenow

Just to preface this I'm asking it on behalf of a friend. He is a 53 year old Australian guy who is living in Thailand with his Thai partner and his 1 year old son.

Unfortunately the relationship with his partner is rather erratic. So he feels insecure with her in regards to his future.

His son has already been made an Australian citizen. He is wanting to legitimize his son legally in Thailand. He has no intention of returning to Australia or abandoning the child but doesn't want to give her a financial incentive to take the child. He is accross the legitimising process so no advice required there. familiar procedurally on how to go about this.

The dilemma he faces is some of the potential repercussions in following this course. He believes he might be opening himself up to his partner being able to have some legal right (either via the Australian or Thai government) to child support of some kind. This guy will support his child in fact has already taken care of the child alone for 4 months alone last time she took off.

Anyway we would appreciate any information from anybody who has found themselves in the same situation or similar. Has anyone here ever been approached for child support?

Also without wanting to sound rude we are after hard facts so opinions on how it might work are not really relevant to our question.

Thanks in Advance

If you prefer to think I am asking this question on behalf of myself no problem

Magna Carta or a similar legal firm might be an option for you.

I guess you could also ask Aussie legal free advice.

• 1 year later...

You really worry about your “friend” (two identical threads on the same day).

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

• Ru4Real locked this topic

Archived