Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Child support payments in Thailand

Notherenow

Just to preface this I'm asking it on behalf of a friend. He is a 53 year old Australian guy who is living in Thailand with his Thai partner and his 1 year old son.

Unfortunately the relationship with his partner is rather erratic. So he feels insecure with her in regards to his future.

His son has already been made an Australian citizen. He is wanting to legitimize his son legally in Thailand. He has no intention of returning to Australia or abandoning the child but doesn't want to give her a financial incentive to take the child. He is accross the legitimising process so no advice required there. familiar procedurally on how to go about this.

The dilemma he faces is some of the potential repercussions in following this course. He believes he might be opening himself up to his partner being able to have some legal right (either via the Australian or Thai government) to child support of some kind. This guy will support his child in fact has already taken care of the child alone for 4 months alone last time she took off.

Anyway we would appreciate any information from anybody who has found themselves in the same situation or similar. Has anyone here ever been approached for child support?

Also without wanting to sound rude we are after hard facts so opinions on how it might work are not really relevant to our question.

Thanks in Advance

If you prefer to think I am asking this question on behalf of myself no problem

• 3 weeks later...

I am not too sure about Child Support in Thailand but I was married to a TG and had a son together. They live in Australia as she is a Perm resident now. She had never heard of Child Support before and jumped onto it straight away once the new guy got in her ear. At this stage she was not allowing me to see my son so I was reluctant to pay it. I knocked some sense into myself and came to realise the money was to help out son. Long story short at one stage I was looking at packing up and moving to LOS. I was told I would then no longer have to pay the Australian child support. As there was no way they could get the money off me.

As for your mate "wanting to legitimize his son legally in Thailand" make sure he is aware that his son may have to fight in the Thai army at 21 as he will be a Thai Citizen.

Come see me at Sweet Bar Soi 6 Facebook 

Sweetbarsoi6.png

• 10 months later...
On 7/9/2017 at 03:12, Gazman86 said:

I am not too sure about Child Support in Thailand but I was married to a TG and had a son together. They live in Australia as she is a Perm resident now. She had never heard of Child Support before and jumped onto it straight away once the new guy got in her ear. At this stage she was not allowing me to see my son so I was reluctant to pay it. I knocked some sense into myself and came to realise the money was to help out son. Long story short at one stage I was looking at packing up and moving to LOS. I was told I would then no longer have to pay the Australian child support. As there was no way they could get the money off me.

As for your mate "wanting to legitimize his son legally in Thailand" make sure he is aware that his son may have to fight in the Thai army at 21 as he will be a Thai Citizen.

if it's through the courts in Aus and you are behind in payments then when you are at the airport about to leave they will pull you up and you can't go on unless you pay what's owing . i have heard of blokes paying there and then and are allowed to proceed , others that don't are referred to court proceedings . good luck

Archived