IGNORED

bath bus along bakau .

meno

hi.

need to know were bath bus end and start on south and north -both sides.

does it take you beyond bakau itself  to pattaya south and central.and if so how far into them?

thanks

In theory, baht buses are banned from Soi Buakhao BUT the ban isn't being followed.

So, going South most will go all the way along from Central Road to South Pattaya road then turn right down to the lights. You usually need to get out opposite the temple outside the school. Some will turn left when they get to South Pattaya Rd so you need to get off if they do that. On Tuesday & Friday there is a market at the southern end of Buakhao and police prevent them turning right onto South Pattaya Rd.

There are usually fewer baht buses going north along Buakhao so the wait might be longer. I'd say most turn left when they get to Central Pattaya Rd and go down to Beach Rd BUT they may turn left then turn right going north on Second Rd or they may turn right when they come to Central Pattaya Rd.

It's only 10 baht a ride so if one turns the wrong way for you just get off, pay and find another.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

They don't 'start' anywhere as such. They either turn into Buakhao from South Pattaya Rd or from Central Rd and drive the entire length of Buakhao.

Didnt know they were banned, but they must not care I think you can stand a few minutes at most and catch one if you are on SB.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Just now, MikeT said:

Didnt know they were banned, but they must not care I think you can stand a few minutes at most and catch one if you are on SB.

There's a VERY long thread somewhere about it. They tried twice but seem to have given up as everyone ignored them :GoldenSmile1:

LK Metro is pretty much slap bang in the middle of Soi Buakhao.

Others have been there much more recently than me, but from the other thread it's clear they are still running both ways. It's just, generally, more run North to South than South to North.

2 minutes ago, birdhaus said:

So is there still a service running from LK Metro end of Soi Buakhao to Central Road?

Yes, still running that way.

The baht buses going towards Pattaya Tai will turn right (except market days) and when they get to Second Rd. 95% will turn right again and run most of Second Rd. From the LK area that is the best way to ride to the beginning of Walking Street.

I was there when the banning of baht buses on Soi Buakhao started, I don't think it even lasted a day.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Archived