IGNORED

Muay Thai Boxing (the real thing) where?

westfla

Greetings. I am going to Pattaya in January. I am a bit of a mma fan and would like to see some real muay thai matches.

No, I am not talking about the WWF stuff under the go-go bars! :Whistle:

I understand there may be a new Boxing stadium on Pattaya 2nd road near the Palladium.

Does anyone know if this is true and what nights they hold the fights? Details?

If not, is there another venue with real fights?

Any info much appreciated.

All you have to do is walk down a few streets keeping an eye on the light posts, as they always have posters up for upcoming matches, and they will list the stadiums they fight at on the posters.

Your not as pretty in your avatar as you are in person Ian lol.

Thepprasit Stadium, went last week had a good time. 1300bht for ringside seats though.

Is that the stadium on pattaya 2nd rd?

• 3 weeks later...

Been to the one on Thepprasit a few times. had good fun every time. Even seen a few genuine knockouts.

It's beauty and the beast- I'm the beauty, she's the beast:-)

There's a fight on Dec 27th on Pattaya South Road across from the Wat, at the school. Kat's boxing coach is fighting so we'll probably be there to cheer him on.

Unbelievable.... I wouldnt want to get into with you, now much less Kat!!!!! LOL.... But Acka is right, you are not as pretty in your avatar. :P

• 2 months later...

If you want to see the real thing then it's worth going to Bangkok mate. It's not too far but the class of fighters is as good as you'll find anywhere. Well worth the short trip. There are quite a few to choose from. Perhaps the most modern one is Bangkok Boxing Stadium in Huaykwang.