IGNORED

Opey de Place - no more

Tattie

On 6/19/2017 at 7:12 AM, Tattie said:

I booked the Opey de Place directly with the hotel and was quoted a price of 800 baht per night. Before I arrived I contacted them and requested a room that faced the pool (on my last visit my room faced a wall). They replied and informed me that they would do this.

I arrived and on my second day went to pay the balance of what I was due for the room (I had paid 2000 baht by credit card when I made the booking). They then informed me that as I had requested a room facing the pool they were going to charge me an additional 100 baht per day. There was no mention of this when I requested a room that faced the pool and there is no mention of this on their website (this was not a poolside room, which you have to pay extra for, but one on the third floor). I have stayed in rooms facing the pool in the past and the price is the same as the rooms facing a wall as they are identical except for the view. Although it is not a lot of money, I checked out and got a room elsewhere. I will not be staying here again.

I guess that, as it's low season, they are trying to gouge customers for extra money.  600+ baht

the hotel I stay in has a high floor price and a low floor price for teh exact same room      this is no uncommon you could have faced the wall again and saved $3, damn

you changed your reservation, to a better room, how can you think it will be the same price.   here is one in bangkok, same exact room, different floor

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.23.18 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.23.35 PM.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:12 AM, Tattie said:

I booked the Opey de Place directly with the hotel and was quoted a price of 800 baht per night. Before I arrived I contacted them and requested a room that faced the pool (on my last visit my room faced a wall). They replied and informed me that they would do this.

I arrived and on my second day went to pay the balance of what I was due for the room (I had paid 2000 baht by credit card when I made the booking). They then informed me that as I had requested a room facing the pool they were going to charge me an additional 100 baht per day. There was no mention of this when I requested a room that faced the pool and there is no mention of this on their website (this was not a poolside room, which you have to pay extra for, but one on the third floor). I have stayed in rooms facing the pool in the past and the price is the same as the rooms facing a wall as they are identical except for the view. Although it is not a lot of money, I checked out and got a room elsewhere. I will not be staying here again.

I guess that, as it's low season, they are trying to gouge customers for extra money. 

thought it would be common knowledge that pool side rooms are more, that's why its called pool side  :-)

i have stayed at the "opey" on three occasions,lst time room overlooking soi lengkhee,and other two times with with a poolside room.On each occasion the poolside room was a bit dearer than the other room( about £2 more a night) l found it more peaceful in poolside room

The OP, and his lone supporter, have not posted on the thread since the hotel confirmed poolside rooms cost more, which is what  everybody told the OP

On 25/08/2017 at 13:39, willhaz74 said:

thought it would be common knowledge that pool side rooms are more, that's why its called pool side  :-)

Not really, look up the Baan Souy Resort in Jomtien poolside rooms are cheaper and even I was surprised so thinks are not necessarily what we things TIT

Whilst its not a lot of money and nor would I have done the same thing , I think its a matter of principal for the OP and good on him for sticking to his principles.

kendrickio, this thread is about a single hotel, Opey de Place, that does charge more for poolside rooms as a quick check of the usual hotel booking websites & the hotel itself confirms

I have stayed at the Opey many times. I don't book direct with the hotel but on all occasions the poolside rooms have been advertised as costing about £2 more. In my opinion its well worth the extra to get a balcony to sit out on

At this moment in time i'd do anything to be checking in to open for my hols... they could even put me in the broom cupboard if they like...

The amazing part of this thread is how the OP was set upon by this pack of wolves when he complained that the hotel didn't tell him of the price difference when they were asked to change the room.  Fucking sad.   Worse than the TV forum.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

26 minutes ago, forqalso said:

The amazing part of this thread is how the OP was set upon by this pack of wolves when he complained that the hotel didn't tell him of the price difference when they were asked to change the room.  Fucking sad.   Worse than the TV forum.

Even one of the threads started by a old timer who has over  7,000 posts to his name got a bollocking by newbies when he tried give his opinion on a business, that wouldnt of happened years ago, he even mentioned that in his post.

His money.  If he is not happy then that is up to him.  That is regardless of what other board members think.  It appears to me that he was not upset with the 100 baht extra charge so much but the fact that proper disclosure of an increased charge was not given by the hotel when he said he wanted a poolside room.

If they told the OP " yes you can have a poolside room but it costs an extra 100 baht a night he may have chosen to stay in a non poolside room.

The keyboard warriors can either accept his advice or opinion or reject it. There is  no utility in calling him a cheap charlie.  Besides he might be the most generous person you could meet in different circumstances. 

18 hours ago, Kendrickrio said:

Even one of the threads started by a old timer who has over  7,000 posts to his name got a bollocking by newbies when he tried give his opinion on a business, that wouldnt of happened years ago, he even mentioned that in his post.

You better have leather for skin when starting a thread on this forum, and a bulletproof jacket on!

1 hour ago, weblo said:

You better have leather for skin when starting a thread on this forum, and a bulletproof jacket on!

Your right, that's why it's better to be hesitant and cautious first before starting a thread .

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck the lot of you,  you are stressing me out and I am on my holidays here. I do not get stressed in Pattaya. Is the wifi any goos in Opey de Place ? Need it to get takeaway ladies ! 

Archived