Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Opey de Place - no more

Tattie

I booked the Opey de Place directly with the hotel and was quoted a price of 800 baht per night. Before I arrived I contacted them and requested a room that faced the pool (on my last visit my room faced a wall). They replied and informed me that they would do this.

I arrived and on my second day went to pay the balance of what I was due for the room (I had paid 2000 baht by credit card when I made the booking). They then informed me that as I had requested a room facing the pool they were going to charge me an additional 100 baht per day. There was no mention of this when I requested a room that faced the pool and there is no mention of this on their website (this was not a poolside room, which you have to pay extra for, but one on the third floor). I have stayed in rooms facing the pool in the past and the price is the same as the rooms facing a wall as they are identical except for the view. Although it is not a lot of money, I checked out and got a room elsewhere. I will not be staying here again.

I guess that, as it's low season, they are trying to gouge customers for extra money. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has always been a 100 bth difference between a standard room and a poolside room at Opey !!!!!!!

You booked a standard and changed it to a poolside room, and now you complain that they want the rate for a poolside.

WTF - what a CC.

17 minutes ago, logboy said:

There has always been a 100 bth difference between a standard room and a poolside room at Opey !!!!!!!

You booked a standard and changed it to a poolside room, and now you complain that they want the rate for a poolside.

WTF - what a CC.

What he said. 

13 hours ago, Tattie said:

I booked the Opey de Place directly with the hotel and was quoted a price of 800 baht per night. Before I arrived I contacted them and requested a room that faced the pool (on my last visit my room faced a wall). They replied and informed me that they would do this.

I arrived and on my second day went to pay the balance of what I was due for the room (I had paid 2000 baht by credit card when I made the booking). They then informed me that as I had requested a room facing the pool they were going to charge me an additional 100 baht per day. There was no mention of this when I requested a room that faced the pool and there is no mention of this on their website (this was not a poolside room, which you have to pay extra for, but one on the third floor). I have stayed in rooms facing the pool in the past and the price is the same as the rooms facing a wall as they are identical except for the view. Although it is not a lot of money, I checked out and got a room elsewhere. I will not be staying here again.

I guess that, as it's low season, they are trying to gouge customers for extra money. 

Go fucking NUCLEAR and murder all the staff burn the place to the ground! It's fucking outrage and a direct challenge to your manhood.

Or you could just shut the fuck up and stop whining like a little bitch over £2 extra day - it's up to you........  

A little bit harsh and overreacting to a mere moan about feeling ripped off have you got shares in the place.

Totally standard all over the world for places to charge you for amending the original booking to a better room. I think the place acted fairly,  to only charge an extra 100 bht a night. 

100 baht extra a night thats a hangable offence these days isn't it??? Poolside rooms are more expensive than standard ones anywhere you stay.

I think the hotel will be pleased the OP will not stay here anymore

The poolside rooms cost more than what the OP paid for originally, a shame the hotel now has a bad review because the stupidity of the OP

A friend of mine likes Opey de Place.

He has stayed there many times and very happy with it.

6 hours ago, Mustang Billy said:

Totally standard all over the world for places to charge you for amending the original booking to a better room. I think the place acted fairly,  to only charge an extra 100 bht a night. 

Please read what I wrote. It is not a poolside room.

Where did you end up staying Tattie?

6 hours ago, Tattie said:

Please read what I wrote. It is not a poolside room.

Forgive them M8, reading/comprehension does not appear to figure largely in their priorities! Perfectly clear to me, the further clue being that the swimming pool is not located on the 3RD FLOOR!

15 hours ago, The Storm said:

Go fucking NUCLEAR and murder all the staff burn the place to the ground! It's fucking outrage and a direct challenge to your manhood.

Or you could just shut the fuck up and stop whining like a little bitch over £2 extra day - it's up to you........  

You really need to get some help with your issues, whether it takes the form of medication or psychological counseling. 

It's the same old story of not agreeing a price first, applies to everything

7 hours ago, lincsfun said:

Where did you end up staying Tattie?

I moved a couple of doors down to the Rinya, which is OK, but I don't think I would stay here again. I am off to Phnom Pehn next week and will find somewhere with a swimming pool to stay when I return.

My reason for posting about this is that I have stayed here several times before and the standard rooms are charged at the same rate whether they face the swimming pool or not. When I requested to have a room that faced the pool, the hotel confirmed that they could accommodate my request. No mention of extra payment was made. I suspect that as it is the low season the practice of increasing prices to maintain profit levels is what is being done. I liked the Opey, but I will move on to somewhere else (possibly back to the August Suites).

100 baht per night is not a lot of money, but it's the principal.

10 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

I think the hotel will be pleased the OP will not stay here anymore

The poolside rooms cost more than what the OP paid for originally, a shame the hotel now has a bad review because the stupidity of the OP

Please re read what I wrote; it was not a poolside room.

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's the same old story of not agreeing a price first, applies to everything

The price was agreed. The price of a standard room is the same whether it faces the pool or not. Go to their website if you wish to confirm this.

The price was agreed. The price of a standard room is the same whether it faces the pool or not. Go to their website if you wish to confirm this.

No thanks. Websites are mostly out of date in Thailand. Whenever i book a hotel or condo i always get confirms by email, try that

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

No thanks. Websites are mostly out of date in Thailand. Whenever i book a hotel or condo i always get confirms by email, try that

I did.

4 hours ago, Tattie said:

You really need to get some help with your issues, whether it takes the form of medication or psychological counseling. 

I will pay you 100b (apparently it is a huge sum of money) a day to provide the counselling.

Tattie I am on your side. When you requested the change they should have informed you of any extra charge long before you arrived. 

Now an open message to everyone: Why the fucking hell do you people feel compelled to flame every message you read, or don't read totally ?  

People are just trying to keep us  informed and some of you are sitting in your moms basement so bored you need to pick a fight about everything.

Grow up and let people post information without being such little pricks. :NoNo3:

23 hours ago, logboy said:

WTF - what a CC.

Please learn to read and comprehend written English. I did not say a poolside room. I asked for a room facing the pool! The clue (if one is needed) is that I was on the third floor and the pool in this hotel is on the first floor (or the ground floor for British people).

21 hours ago, GorGuy said:

A friend of mine likes Opey de Place.

He has stayed there many times and very happy with it.

Ditto I too have a friend who likes this hotel.

Viewed this place once when I was getting bored of my regular hotel up the road. Rooms are old, bars over some of the windows by the pool and the room they showed me to absolutely stunk of unwashed clout. 

This place has over lasted it's sell by date. 

Archived