Ru4Real

Would you use it?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use it?

• Yes
    • No

Looks like they have approved the visa.

• For age 50+
  • 14 nationalities eligible: Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada and United States of America.
  • Minimum 3 million baht in Thai bank account (or combination of 1. 8 million in the bank and income not less than 1.2 million)
  • 3 million baht must be kept in account for one year, can be reduced to 1.5 million under certain conditions
  • Criminal background check from country you hold passport
  • Health insurance provided by Thai company, Outpatient coverage minimum 40,000 baht, Inpatient coverage not less than 100,000 thousand baht
  • Not permitted to work
  • Unlimited entry valid for 5 years
  • Fee is 10,000 baht
  • 90 day report still required.
  • Visa issued in two 5 year periods

Personally don't see the value in it.

I dont understand that name non O "X", that VISA is for 5 years, not 10... why didn't they give the name non O "V" ?

Nope, too much money tied up doing nothing and other methods are available.

It will be interesting to see if they ditch the retirement scheme that has been operating for years. It may be on the cards because this really isn't much of an improvement for anyone except for them to get more money into the country.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

As things stand today there doesn't seem to be much benefit in it over the current Non O "Retirement" save only having to renew the visa once in 10 years, but how long will the current option remain the same?

My money would be on them changing the current one to be more like this (especially the criminal checks & health insurance) but "Grandfather" people who already are on it.

From their first presentation of this project, the main aim was to offer a "long term visa" as a reply to the complaints that it was not reassuring for retired people to invest or make projects in Thailand with the perpetual risk that they could not be able to stay there in 1 year;

The proposition is a good idea, but the financial constraint is way too high IMHO. Anyone can find a better use of 1.5 or 3 millions baht during years ! This cost doesn't worth 2 yearly visits at the immigration.

37 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

The proposition is a good idea, but the financial constraint is way too high IMHO. Anyone can find a better use of 1.5 or 3 millions baht during years ! This cost doesn't worth 2 yearly visits at the immigration.

Maybe is that a way to promote the "Elite" Visa ?

- VISA O X = you have to block 3 millions bahts for 5 years without interest

versus

- Visa Elite = you have to pay 500,000 Bahts every 5 years

What's the best choice when you are really rich, dont want to waste time on paperwork and over 50 years old ?

1 hour ago, Scumbag said:

It will be interesting to see if they ditch the retirement scheme that has been operating for years.

57 minutes ago, JB300 said:

My money would be on them changing the current one to be more like this (especially the criminal checks & health insurance) but "Grandfather" people who already are on it.

That's what I was thinking; be just my luck if the only option if/when I decide to move over for good is the 10 year one or similar. Cest la vie.

99% of us are not concerned by those 2 visas (O X & Elite).

But the bad thing is that they wont make it easier the paperwoks for marry/50yo VISA, just only to encourage some people to choose their both expensive visas :(

Agree, I am not interested if I still have to turn up at immigrtation every 90 days.

What are the approximate costs to meet the medical insurance requirements? If you take the cheapest option available.   

Archived