IGNORED

Malaysia Airlines Visa Problem

crossfield

My girlfriend comes to Australia on a regular basis on a tourist visa but last Friday she ran into a problem.

To make it perfectly clear. Jurarat arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok to board her Malaysia Airlines flight. She was in the possession of a valid visa for a 3 months visit to Australia. This visa was valid for entry into Australia until the 12th of august with the the 3 month stay beginning from the date of entry.

She has a valid passport a valid 3 months visa from the date of entry and she has purchased a valid tickets to fly with Malaysia Airlines.

She has done everything right in order to be allowed a boarding pass to travel.

Malaysia Airlines staff have incorrectly refused her a boarding pass because they refused to believe her 3 months visa did not begin until she entered Australia.

They incorrectly believed her visa expired on the 12th of august and her return flight overstayed her visa.

She was nonplussed not able to contact me at the time so she quickly changed her return flight on another Airline (Jetstar) to a date that was within the time frame she needed to be given a boarding pass.

I believe I should be able to get reimbursed for the cost incurred plus the cost of changing the flight back to its original date at the end of 3 months as the Malaysia Airlines staff clearly made a mistake and did not understand how to read a entry visa.

Round one. Malaysia Airlines have refused to accept responsibility and are giving me the run around with emails. So far I seem to be dealing with lower level staff in Malaysia.

So to escalate things I need to understand the best prossess to follow.

Has anyone had this problem before and dealt with in in Thailand or Australia?

Archived