IGNORED

Second Road Crossing

Sick Water Buffalo

Today the Powers That Be had a work crew out painting a prominent new pedestrian crossing across Second Road, right in front of View Talay 6.

The geniuses at City Hall didn't have them put up any crossing signs or signals along with it though. :Oops1: Maybe later? Mai pen rai!  :rolleyes:

IMG_4283.thumb.JPG.e2288522b35151bf6adfcbb0836425cf.JPG

IMG_4288.thumb.JPG.f3018e1ffc920d2296e94033843a55d5.JPG

And it already looks like shit, I guess they only did 1 coat of water-based paint or something, but by tomorrow it will need to be painted again.

Edit: looks like you just missed getting me in your photo too

They need the police to enforce it for a period. Without lights its useless, there could be people crossing continuously

This is actually very dangerous.  People from the west who are used to cars stopping at cross walk will assume same and will cross thinking cars will stop.  This false sense of security will cause more accidents for people who are unaware that this is nothing more than just paint on the road.

So badly needed.

Hopefully signals will quickly follow, as someone who has only short spells in pats, I always find it difficult crossing unless, am crossing at central Pattaya road. 

Jees I wonder what colour spray paint they'll need to outline the accidents on this thing?

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, scubascuba3 said:

They need the police to enforce it for a period. Without lights its useless, there could be people crossing continuously

With lights it would still be useless.

I remember when they put up all the cross walk signal lights on Second Rd. You push the button, when it turned green you walked across the Soi and the cars and motorbikes didn't stop. Now most of them don't even work.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 1:02 PM, mrblueeyes555 said:

Hopefully signals will quickly follow, as someone who has only short spells in pats, I always find it difficult crossing unless, am crossing at central Pattaya road. 

Those signals work for the first few weeks and then never work again.  Drivers mostly ignore them anyways.  So they are useless.  Are there any existing pedestrian signals in Pattaya that still work?

I would like to think they've done their homework and used the appropriate paint. Can you imagine trying to stop on that huge patch of paint if it had just rained and was slick?

This is another useless gesture. It will be ignored, just like the previous crosswalks, with signals, were ignored.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Head down................bum up............don't slow or stop..........job done 555

• 1 month later...

Lol regardless of how effective still particular crossing will be I am still going to follow the advice I was given on here...And that's to use a group of Chinese tourist as a shield.

death trap for unsuspecting tourist that think cars/motorcycles will stop

Archived