Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LG Nexus 5x repair?

Harley62

As the subject line says, I have a USA purchased Google Nexus 5x phone. I believe here in Thailand it's marketed as an LG 5X?

Unfortunately, the phone literally died in my hand while I was using it and this has never happened in the 2 years or so since I've had it! I've tried a "hard reset" and also connected to the charger, and there's NO response whatsoever. (totally dead) 

Based on this I am guessing it's a hardware issue which obviously may require replacing the phone. However before I do that I would like to take it to a shop just to see if they can figure out an alternative to get the phone back up and running.

I believe there is an LG authorized store on Sukhumvit near Pattaya North Road intersection however I also know that Tukcom has a wide variety of repair shops. I'm a bit doubtful as to whether one of those small shops could handle this type of situation.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

HB

They will not touch it at at that service center. I have a LG G3 G4 and V10 and was told they dont do any repair work on any phones that were not purchased in Thailand. I bought mine from the US on Ebay so if they go bad i am shit out of luck. I was able to order batteries for them though.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Too many LG models seem to end this way. My G4 (also bought in US) got stuck in permanent 'boot-loop'. LG have now admitted to a processor fault across several models but have only replaced models still under warranty. No more LG phones for me.

I also had no luck at Tukcom, and the LG service centre on Sukhumvit quoted 9000B for a new motherboard -- so my G4 is now an expensive paperweight.

There is this place in BKK: https://www.thainexusman.com/ but I don't have any experience.

There's a couple of places on the third floor in Tukcom who maybe able to help. Always found them helpful and didn't try to rip me off. I use a small stand on the right side against the wall as you go up the stairs. Usually a lady and guy sitting down working behind her sorry I can't remember name of the place.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. At least I can be sure that it's a software issue because it does go into "fasboot" mode (shows the GOOGLE logo on the screen), But I can't get the firmware to load and actually start the phone! I'm going to try Tukcom first, and if only joy I'll contact the "nexus man" in Bangkok. 

At this point I'm resigned to hoping a full factory wipe/reset and firmware install will get I running, assuming that I find someone who can do it! 

If all else fails, I'll look for a replacement.... Funny it's the first phone I ever bought brand new (usually buy used on eBay, never had a problem!) and the 1 phone I pay full price for fucking dies in less than 2 years! 

Archived