IGNORED

EVA Air-How is it?

windsors420

I just booked my first post retirement trip via EVA Air. It was very cheap at $580 round trip from NYC. Did I screw myself? Should I expect a horror show from this Taiwan Airline? Normally I fly Korean Air, Emirates or Singapore Air. However, post retirement I need to be more frugal.

Eva are very good.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

never had any problems with EVA, certainly as good as any ive flown with

Flown a few times...never a problem. Hardly can tell the difference anymore. 

Eva are decent airline ... used them for years till I could not fly economy anymore due to my back.. Looking at the airlines you have flew with previous they are very comparable i would imagine in  service, food and comfort etc. 

My friend uses EVA all the time, so I decided to give it a try.

Nothing wrong with EVA, I had a good experience with them.

Skytrax is good source for airline assessments etc

EVA is a good airline, I've flown them several times.  For those who have routes needing to change planes, transiting through Taipei is far better than cities like Shanghai and Beijing.  In fact, I'd even pay a premium for this.

EVA is great. Japan Airlines as well who I flew with last trip. Air Canada is so shitty, ugh, and I'm Canadian. Only airline I've seen that plays ads before the emergency procedures video and before every movie or show on the in flight entertainment and also serves cup a noodle/ramen. 

I love EVA, always great

Always fly EVA, I would rank them up with the best airlines. They have good prices for super economy. Well worth it IMHO when you are travelling for 15 hours or more.  Also they are a Star Alliance member so it's a good way to accumulate frequent flyer miles. When you are travelling such a long distance the miles add up fast

Agree with all the positive comments about EVA.  I have flown with them numerous times out of LAX.  China Air (Taipei based) is also good.  Their Premium Economy leg from Taipei to BKK is actually business class.

Never had a problem with EVA. Taipei is an easy transfer point.

I do like EVA. Their flights have always been a pleasant experience.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

EVA are good but on the London route their punctuality is poor. Wouldn't stop me using them though.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

EVA is the only airline I fly, I like them better than any of the other airlines that fly into BKK.  Just got my card upgraded to silver last trip, now I get to stay in their airport lounges for free, very nice in there.

EVA is my go to airline for the last few years. I fly the LAX-BKK route. Like others said is what works for me. They have a good schedule with an easy transfer in Taipei and usually very competitive prices 

I used to fly with Emirates from London to BKK via Dubai. With EVA I can do a direct flight for a better price, no brainer IMHO.

I've only used them once before and had no issues with them. Already booked my next flight with them. 

I have flown EVA a couple of times from Houston to Bangkok and had no complaints.

Taipei is a easy airport to transfer through, and the last leg of the flight from Taipei to Bangkok is only 3:45 hrs and not the 6:30 hrs from Tokyo to Bangkok.

Good service and very attractive cabin crew.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I've flown EVA several times London to Bangkok return, always had excellent service.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

I am flying EVA for first time at the end of the month. Getting tired of all the stop overs in Dubai for Emirates, particularly on the way back. Also, for the first time ever, I want to try Premium Economy, I know, I'm the last of the Big Spenders...

- is Premium Economy (London to BKK) worth it? The return cost me £775.

- I have read reviews that service is mainly excellent BUT the can be stingy with giving out booze on the flight and food can be hit and miss. Is this true?

Not bothered about food, but like to get gently pissed watching films... 

much obliged....

9 hours ago, Hitch said:

I am flying EVA for first time at the end of the month. Getting tired of all the stop overs in Dubai for Emirates, particularly on the way back. Also, for the first time ever, I want to try Premium Economy, I know, I'm the last of the Big Spenders...

- is Premium Economy (London to BKK) worth it? The return cost me £775.

- I have read reviews that service is mainly excellent BUT the can be stingy with giving out booze on the flight and food can be hit and miss. Is this true?

Not bothered about food, but like to get gently pissed watching films... 

much obliged....

Someone just asked that in the thread I started on Biz class:

If you look at the later posts you'll get some info on Premium.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived