IGNORED

Vientienne Restaurant - Addicts Style!

Mr.DreamTransport

Well let me first say, that the regular group of guys that we have going every week, has actually made it quite fun. We hang out so much together now, we pretty much know what we all like and don't like.

Anyways on to the review with Pics this time.

We decided to try something along the lines of seafood, and at the same time something with some Asian variety. So we have all driven past Vientianne Restaurant, now we decided to give it a try, and we were not disappointed.

post-6586-1228314087_thumbjpg

Some pics of the guys and gals and the food.

post-6586-1228314119_thumbjpg

post-6586-1228314134_thumbjpg

post-6586-1228314146_thumbjpg

post-6586-1228314162_thumbjpg

I was trying to joke and didn't actually mean to cross tongues, but it happened, and I'm man enough to say that I enjoyed those big lips of Robin's lol.

post-6586-1228314176_thumbjpg

The Predator, looks like a little bit I thinks.

post-6586-1228314185_thumbjpg

post-6586-1228314197_thumbjpg

post-6586-1228314212_thumbjpg

All in all, the place was pretty damn good, and had a very large variety of seafood, Asian food, even offering a menu specifically for Issan, which the girls absolutely loved. This is for sure a place to take your TGF, I guarantee that she will love it.

So the official ratings then.

Quantity- 4.0 -The portions are small to medium in size, but priced very cheap, as they expect that you are going to order multiple dishes, which is extremely true.

Quality- 4.9- The seafood was actually quite good, and in some cases very inventive and thought out, the Asian dishes were spot on for authenticity, and the girls were extremely happy as was I.

Price- 5.0- Very, very, very reasonable on the price. When you walk into the place and see the sheer size of it, you are thinking in your mind, that its going to run about 1000baht each or more, absolutely not the case. While it was if I recall in the 400-600baht per person range including several courses and massive desserts, well worth every penny.

Service- 5.0- The staff was right there on top of us, not in an annoying way, but pulling the plates as soon as they were empty, and replacing them with new full plates of food fresh from the kitchen. I don't know how they would operate on a busy night, but we received first class treatment in my eyes.

Seating-5.0- This restaurant is amazingly large. The seating arrangements are very nice, and they offer partial open air seating, fully covered seating, and even upstairs seating if I am correct. Comfortable chairs make the meal that much more enjoyable.

Atmosphere- 5.0- This place reminds you of a high class 70's Vietnam style officers restaurant. Very classy feel and look to it, same with the staff apparel. You can see the tanks and hand-pick your lobsters or fish, they have a massive big screen showing the latest footy matches, and even have a piano player/singer there to add to the enjoyment of it all. This is a place to take your girl to show off, without breaking the bank.

So out of all the places we have been so far, this is by far my favorite. I am looking forward to any reviews of any other members who have been here, as well as suggestions for this weeks Dinner, where will it be this time???

Selection-

I agree with all that Jason Says. All the ratings are spot on. Walked out of there feeling large. Good place, I would recommend it. Looking forward to next weeks. Thanks for the Spot on assessment.

It's located on Pattaya Tai between 3rd rd and Sukhumvit rd on the right hand side if you are heading east. It's set back from the road a bit and has a big car park in front so you need to keep an eye out for it.

I agree it's a great restaurant and i would even rate it as one of the best i have been to as far as variety of food and quality. I had a few meals here with some other BM's on my last trip and was there 2 nights ago with some friends and our TG's. The girls were very impressed with it as well.

The menu has a huge selection to choose from and has separate sections for Thai, Chinese, Seafood, Issan and Vietnamese.

Edited by noodles

Tried their Ox tail soup (Essen style) on my last trip... wow!!! red and green chilies a plenty!! but really really tasty...

Also, had a really nice seafood dish, and vege dish...

I'm definitely set to eat there again...

Would definitely take a few friends so that I could try more of the menu...

Location?

For those of us that don't know... any chance of sharing the address :-)

Pattaya Tai, Soi 1.

If you are going towards Sukumvit on South Pattaya Rd (Pattaya Tai). It is situated on Pattaya Tai at Soi 1. Right before the entrance to Big C on your right. Cant Miss it.

Would definitely take a few friends so that I could try more of the menu...

That's the best way to eat at this restaurant.

Don't do it farang style and order your own dish like you're in a pub.

Everyone orders a different dish and then you share it with everyone. Have your own sticky rice as a base.

A bit like Chinese style eating at a restaurant with the lazy susan.

I would say that all of us including the girls, all ordered at least 1 or 2 appetizer dishes before our main meal, and then on to dessert. Its cheap enough to try new things, as if you don't like them, you still have another few courses coming in if you choose to.

I think this week, we are going to try a full on seafood restaurant. So everyone wanting to come with, just remember Sunday between 7-745pm at 3Som bar, can get there earlier if you want :Whistle: and we will be off. I think I'm going to rely on Bigjimslay's instincts for seafood this week. He dives so much, he has to know where the good seafood places are lol.

Ackademik would be helpful if you could tell us of the location of the places you try each week, Thanks

Sorry mate, sometimes I'm so topped up about writing the reviews of the last place while trying to get everyone to come along for the following week.

Please Remember guys, everyone is invited, this is open to everyone who wants to go out and just have a good meal. No permanent ties or anything binding. If you just want to come once, thats fine too. It just is a great way to meet other BM's outside of bar crawls, and get all your questions answered by a few expats if you have any. Expats and tourists alike are all always welcome.

Just give us some notice so we can make sure the restaurants can take care of our seating. Its always nice as well to see members show interest on the board about actually attending with us as well.

I think this week, we are going to try a full on seafood restaurant. So everyone wanting to come with, just remember Sunday between 7-745pm at 3Som bar, can get there earlier if you want :Chokdee: and we will be off. I think I'm going to rely on Bigjimslay's instincts for seafood this week. He dives so much, he has to know where the good seafood places are lol.

Jason, it's the PA anniversary party this Sunday so I suggest we postpone until next week.

Doh, I do that a lot don't I lol. Next Sunday it is. This way we can have some extra time to rally the troops and find a perfect place to eat.

Thanks for reminding me about the Anniversary Party hunnybunny :Chokdee: