Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying golf clubs

dogsbolox

I'm looking to retire come the end of the year and spending a lot of time in Thailand, while there i'm hoping to play plenty of golf, therefor be looking to buy a second set of clubs to use while i'm there. What i would like to know, is it better to buy my clubs in Thailand or buy them here in the uk and bring them with me.

Often times Airlines charge you a Bundle to bring your Clubs from Abroad..If you have a Residence maybe cheaper to Buy a set here? Many are Genuine Clubs left from other tourist That felt to Much to Take them back Home..I have found some Awesome deals on genuine Clubs left by Tourist..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

If buying a new set buy at home. Second hand some decent deals although maybe hard to find what you are looking for. Outback Bar on Soi Siam Country Club Rd usually has some good second hand sets in there ate reasonable prices.

huge golf shop at threpprsit and sukhumvit.    you can get some good deals

OP buy (whether new or second hand) at home. Substantially cheaper generally unless you are fortunate enough to come across a deal like Lok Jit mentions. I am regularly in and out of the golf outlets and have yet to be tempted - and I need new clubs!  

Thai airways allow 30kg check in so no problem bringing them with you.

I've bought shitloads from 3ballsGolf on USA ebay. But that was when the Aussie dollar was at parity or better than the US dollar.

I doubt there would be any bargains out of USA now with the British pound as it is.

I've looked at new golf clubs in many pro shops in and around Pattaya and they don't seem to be that cheap.....but then again I've never gone looking for second hand.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Buy them at home.

take them with you.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, Harve said:

If buying a new set buy at home. Second hand some decent deals although maybe hard to find what you are looking for. Outback Bar on Soi Siam Country Club Rd usually has some good second hand sets in there ate reasonable prices.

Totally agree with harve, Outback has some great second hand/new clubs.Ask for Steve he will help you.

Used clubs with new grips can be a great way to up your equipment quality.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Buy them at home - cheaper and better choice, for both new and second hand.

If you do choose to buy in Patts, try the big second hand and new shop on 3rd road. It is quite near the driving range at PSC - note there are 2 shops, you want the one with the giant golf ball outside. Not cheap but has quality second hand clubs....not copies..

There are often sale new clubs at the Outlet (I use the one in Udon), but I'm assuming they have a sister golf shop at the Outlet Centre in Patts.

As many have said buy them at home. You're likely to have more options at home and less likely to be steered into something just because they are trying to get rid the set.  I will add that it's imperative to get a set that is suited to your playing abilities.  Find knowledgeable sales staff.  There are typically 3 categories, Super Game Improvement(beginners and high handicappers, Game Improvement(mid range golfers) and Players(better golfers), plus shaft flex and composition to consider.  It can be technical and certainly costly.  In the case of costs it will be better to buy a "good" quality set used than to buy a cheap set new.

From North America, a lot of the airlines flying international allow 2 check in bags(50 lbs each), one of which can be oversized golf bag.

If you are new to golf buy these, great value. If you are enjoying it, in a couple of years upgrade.

Archived