IGNORED

Areca Lodge booking question.

mrpercy

8 hours ago, Wandering Irish said:

Hi guys,

Have a look at my room video of Arcea lodge at 

Not a bad hotel :-)

Nice. Surprised though that even these rooms don't have a separate shower.

I'm booked in the Areca from 19th July.

I read on trip advisor that the pool at the evergreen wing is being renotated. Does anyone know if the work on the pool is complete or if not when it is due to be?

Emailed hotel but no response.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, BlooBell said:

I'm booked in the Areca from 19th July.

I read on trip advisor that the pool at the evergreen wing is being renotated. Does anyone know if the work on the pool is complete or if not when it is due to be?

Emailed hotel but no response.

Thanks

Someone has posted recently 3 weeks so you should be OK,

2 hours ago, mbamber said:

Someone has posted recently 3 weeks so you should be OK,

Nice one, cheers

Well, the staff basically replied me something like "3 weeks, maybe less, we're not sure of how long it will last" which might mean more than 3 weeks as well… You're taking a little risk going there on July 19th, worst case the smaller pool will still be available.

I will be there starting second week of August. I contacted them directly since there was no room available on Booking / Agoda. I eventually got a lower price than the ones advertised on such websites.

Has anyone tried with the ace membership book 2 rooms for the same period of time and have the discount applied to each room?

Or would I need 2 membership for that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, Luggage said:

Has anyone tried with the ace membership book 2 rooms for the same period of time and have the discount applied to each room?

Or would I need 2 membership for that?

You can ask them by email, they are pretty reactive. 

Anyone staying at Areca at the moment? How's the renovation of the pool going on?

I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

15 minutes ago, moustache said:

Anyone staying at Areca at the moment? How's the renovation of the pool going on?

I'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Someone on another thread said they were there now so I asked, all done both pools open. :D

16 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Someone on another thread said they were there now so I asked, all done both pools open. :D

That's awesome news, thanks for sharing. I can't wait! 

I remember that metal bath rail very well - my first trip to Pats I stayed at Areca Evergreen wing and I slipped in the bath tub (no bath mat). I tried to grab the hand rail as I fell and it broke my fall - hurt like hell and had a massive bruise on my arm for the next 4 days. The girls thought it was some kind of tattoo :laugh:

Just posted this in another thread but seems fitting here. I was wanting to book Areca. Then I received the email stating 500 baht joiner fee. Ended up booking LK Empress which also has 500 baht but better reviews. This email is from two weeks ago. If anyone on the ground recently can confirm it's garbage I'd like to change to Areca. The American breakfast/bacon isn't worth 500 to 15k baht a day. When I initially booked a few months ago I read Avani, LK and Areca were all no fees. My Avani email stated it was a change due to some tourism official. Here is the Areca email from July 6th. 

Dear Sir,

Regarding your question about unregistered person policy, please see terms and conditions below to avoid misunderstanding and unnecessary wrong communication.

UNREGISTERED PERSON POLICY

1. A maximum of 2 people are permitted to be registered to a room and must provide valid identification: passport, ID card or driver’s license.
  2. Any private visits from unregistered persons, in hotel guest room, is not permitted unless his/her real identification card is given to the front desk.
  3. According to Thai prostitution act, all entertainment establishments, including the hotel, require proof by national ID that any lady or entertainer is at least age 18.The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables done by the person guest brings in together.
  4. The hotel has the right to prohibit a joiner to enter the hotel if he/she shows the intention of disturbing any other hotel guest.
  5. Extra person is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.  

Should you have any further question or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Khanittha (Ms.)

Reservation Team

A hotel sent me a diagram to address this issue, but I don't really want to post it because the same Baht figures would not apply but, here's an overview ...

Adult Stick Figure + Adult Stick Figure = Free

Adult Stick Figure + Adult Stick Figure + Adult Stick Figure = Joiner

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

23 minutes ago, ThatGuy68 said:

Just posted this in another thread but seems fitting here. I was wanting to book Areca. Then I received the email stating 500 baht joiner fee. Ended up booking LK Empress which also has 500 baht but better reviews. This email is from two weeks ago. If anyone on the ground recently can confirm it's garbage I'd like to change to Areca. The American breakfast/bacon isn't worth 500 to 15k baht a day. When I initially booked a few months ago I read Avani, LK and Areca were all no fees. My Avani email stated it was a change due to some tourism official. Here is the Areca email from July 6th. 

Dear Sir,

Regarding your question about unregistered person policy, please see terms and conditions below to avoid misunderstanding and unnecessary wrong communication.

UNREGISTERED PERSON POLICY

1. A maximum of 2 people are permitted to be registered to a room and must provide valid identification: passport, ID card or driver’s license.
  2. Any private visits from unregistered persons, in hotel guest room, is not permitted unless his/her real identification card is given to the front desk.
  3. According to Thai prostitution act, all entertainment establishments, including the hotel, require proof by national ID that any lady or entertainer is at least age 18.The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables done by the person guest brings in together.
  4. The hotel has the right to prohibit a joiner to enter the hotel if he/she shows the intention of disturbing any other hotel guest.
  5. Extra person is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.  

Should you have any further question or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Khanittha (Ms.)

Reservation Team

The 500 baht fee is for a 3rd person in the room same as most hotels if you are on your own you can have a guest.

So a new guest each day for 3 days is still two stick figures? No charge. I felt like I had it down until Avani Email. Talking about guest must check in with you. Then the each invited guest part. Confused me I guess. But thanks for the help.

imagine wanting to have a 3 some ---extra 500 baht because of the 'other lady' or 'ladybody' .

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Archived