IGNORED

Areca Lodge booking question.

mrpercy

Hi all, been looking in to book  a few nights at Areca Lodge for Nov/Dec this year and it always comes up thats nothings available!! (on Agoda.com)

Surely its not full up already or am I just too early, anybody know how far in advance you can book.?

Also even though im traveling solo should I select "2 adults" when making the booking as obviously i'll be having plenty of company, or does this make no difference selecting 1 or 2 adults.

thanks

<iframe src="https://www.arewethere.yt/Thailand/49097.htm?type=embed" width="350" height="200" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Book direct at hotel and make sure you say you want to take up the ace membership.

Membership is 890 baby for the year but gives you a discount every night and you stay 2 nights and make it back.

Used to get a dish and glass of wine thrown in too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The email can be found on their website. Also gives details about ace club

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Plus book for 2 people, I booked mine 5 months in advanced,£100 deposit and pay total when I arrive this Sunday :Party3:

I've noticed in the past availability and pricing thru Agoda fluctuate. And have never used Agoda for my  reservation more than 3 months in advance.  I've also used Agoda vs. Booking.com( or other hotel booking websites) for comparisons.  

Booking for 2 shouldn't affect the price of the room, anywhere you decide to stay. 

I've stayed at Areca in the past. Good choice if you stay there.

Hi ive booked through Agoda. Im travelling solo to pattaya. Booked lk empress in nov dec. Booked in march pay couple days before i arrive, i put the 1 adult as only me, but should imagine i have guests.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wanted to book for 3 weeks in Nov it showed no availability so I emailed [email protected] with my dates got the reply within 24 hrs with the confirmation of a booking held for a few days then sent details of my card to pay for 1 days stay (pay rest on arrival) and received confirmed booking again within 24 hrs. ACE club gives you a discount on the room for 1 year costs 890 and give a 300 discount for basic rooms per day and 450 for rooms in the Evergreen wing plus 15% of food & drink (non alcholic). Book for 2 same price. 

17 hours ago, mrpercy said:

Hi all, been looking in to book  a few nights at areca lodge for Nov/Dec this year and it always comes up thats nothings available!! (on agoda.com)

Surely its not full up already or am I just too early, anybody know how far in advance you can book.?

Also even though im traveling solo should I select "2 adults" when making the booking as obviously i'll be having plenty of company, or does this make no difference selecting 1 or 2 adults.

thanks

hotel booking sites each have an allocation of rooms,if for example Agoda says theres nothing available it dosnt mean the hotel is full,maybe another booking site will have some of its allocated rooms available!

If you`re intent on Areca and cant get rooms through these sites,just contact them directly!

And yes as others have already said,book for two.

Hi ive booked through agoda. Im travelling solo to pattaya. Booked lk empress in nov dec. Booked in march pay couple days before i arrive, i put the 1 adult as only me, but should imagine i have guests.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you should always book the room for 2 people, always. It doesn't cost extra. But booking for one, they may want to charge a guest fee for you girl.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP - There are almost certainly plenty of rooms available, just that Agoda's allocation is finished. As others have said, book with the hotel direct and join the ACE club for a discount. If Areca is full you might consider Centra Avenue and Centara Azure (next door to Areca). I have stayed in them both and they are pretty good.

Hi all, been looking in to book  a few nights at areca lodge for Nov/Dec this year and it always comes up thats nothings available!! (on agoda.com)
thanks

Hi I stayed there a couple of years ago faboulas place we book thro booking.com try that

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I stay at the Areca Lodge each of my 4 trips a year.

A few times I waited until I was there in late September to book for December and the room type I wanted were already fully booked. Now I make my December reservation when I'm there in July.

I have the Ace Club membership and have also booked with sending them a email, info@arecalodge and have gotten fast replies. In fact for my arrival in 2 weeks I wanted to check in a day early and by sending them a email made it happen.

I find I get the lowest price with the Ace Club membership and book directly with the hotel and not use a booking site.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

55 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I stay at the Areca Lodge each of my 4 trips a year.

A few times I waited until I was there in late September to book for December and the room type I wanted were already fully booked. Now I make my December reservation when I'm there in July.

I have the Ace Club membership and have also booked with sending them a email, info@arecalodge and have gotten fast replies. In fact for my arrival in 2 weeks I wanted to check in a day early and by sending them a email made it happen.

I find I get the lowest price with the Ace Club membership and book directly with the hotel and not use a booking site.

LeoTex

Same here booked last week for Nov/Dec.

Guys just a heads up on the areca atm

Biggest swimming pool is out of action for at least a couple of weeks, repairs and what not

Spoke to the manager that I wasn't happy I wasn't informed when I booked but all I got was. Solly, they must have planned this. Ah well can't do much about now, but if I'd known, I'd have booked Elsewhere 

On 15/06/2017 at 11:06 AM, Lucky6pence said:

Guys just a heads up on the Areca atm

Biggest swimming pool is out of action for at least a couple of weeks, repairs and what not

Spoke to the manager that I wasn't happy I wasn't informed when I booked but all I got was. Solly, they must have planned this. Ah well can't do much about now, but if I'd known, I'd have booked Elsewhere 

I was about to post the same.

Checked in last night.....same story.

The smaller pool is still in action and wasn't too crowded today.

Nevertheless I stay in the Areca because I like the big pool....there are better rooms at other hotels for the same price.

I spoke to the manager as well, and made it clear I would have cancelled my booking if I had known....I guess that's why they didn't tell anyone!!

I doubt there are many hotels/resorts and alike who are informing in advance about these kind of items.

Also....a lot of people here are complaining Thai hotels do not put any or little effort in maintenance and/or renovating. Let's be happy in this case something is being done to perform some maintenance.

Hi guys i want to book Areca Lodge in Sept for 3 weeks but i have just read a review on Trip Advisor that is only 4 days old.He says they told him on checkin if he brings a lady back he has to pay 500bt extra and when he took her for breakfast he had to pay an extra 300bt as well for her to eat.

Can someone let me know if this is because he might have booked only for 1 person or will this happen to me even though i will book for 2 people obviously if i have to pay extra i wont stay there. i only started going to Pattaya this year due to this excellent forum have stayed August Suites and Lk Renaissance and not had any problems both great 

cheers

10 hours ago, billvilla1 said:

Hi guys i want to book Areca Lodge in Sept for 3 weeks but i have just read a review on Trip Advisor that is only 4 days old.He says they told him on checkin if he brings a lady back he has to pay 500bt extra and when he took her for breakfast he had to pay an extra 300bt as well for her to eat.

Can someone let me know if this is because he might have booked only for 1 person or will this happen to me even though i will book for 2 people obviously if i have to pay extra i wont stay there. i only started going to Pattaya this year due to this excellent forum have stayed August Suites and LK Renaissance and not had any problems both great 

cheers

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I stay at the Areca Lodge at least 4 times a year and  I never had to pay extra for to bring a guest to the room, a 2nd guest, yes.

The same for breakfast, could always bring my LT to breakfast without being charged extra. A couple if times I have brought a 2nd person for breakfast and its hit or miss if they are going to charge for the 3rd breakfast, if they did charge, it has always been 130 baht.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 2017-06-15 at 6:06 AM, Lucky6pence said:

Guys just a heads up on the Areca atm

Thanks for the heads up. Saved me a lot of grief. 

My mate just stayed at Areca Lodge and told me that there are no joiner fee for the first girl if you've booked accomodation for two people. 

But they are renovating the Ocean Pool at the moment and the work progress is slow. That worries me since I'm going there in just four weeks. Thinking of changing hotel.

Didn't know that they still have rooms even hotels.com and Agoda say that they are sold out, so I booked August Suites instead and can't cancel it because I took the cheap price :/

Well.. Let this be a lesson for me and maybe next time I'll check straight from them :)

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

I sent them an email to get more information on the pool renovation. They replied it's going to last about 3 more weeks, "maybe less", "can't tell how long".

Archived