IGNORED

English style Indian restaurant?

Just wondering if anyone knows of an English style Indian restaurant in Pattaya?

By that I mean an Indian restaurant that does chicken tikka masala, Balti and Jalfrezi in the same style we get in the UK. 

Ive eat in a few Indians around Pattaya and found them disgusting and nothing like we get in takeaways back home. Obviously they are authentic but it's Uk style currys that I'm after 

Anyone?

Zaika gets good reviews and does chicken tikka masala. I've not tried it myself. 

A takeaway like this is what Pattaya is missing a proper Uk style curry house and a Uk style chippy would clean up for the British custom. 

I know there's that fish and chip shop on new plaza but I mean a proper chippy that does salt and pepper chicken, beef green pepper black bean sauce and your regular Chinese takeaway meals.

Dont understand why it hasn't been done yet..

17 hours ago, DAKLING1987 said:

that does salt and pepper chicken, beef green pepper black bean sauce and your regular Chinese takeaway meals.

2 Options :

Wok N Rok.

China Palace.

I agree have had many Indian currys around Thailand never really any good.although Indian by nature in jomtien is the best I have had!!

thing I always find strange is if I order a vindaloo I am obviously wanting a spicy curry.however always the question do you want that spicy????umm yes that's why I ordered a vindaloo???

The Robin Hood at The Avenue often does English style Indian curries. Their special for today is Chicken Korma with papadams and pilau rice. They normally also come with Mint yoghurt. The specials are normally 179 baht.

My only drama there is that their meals are often very salty.

Tikka Centre on Soi Bukhao is pretty close to British style.

:Party1:

On 28/05/2017 at 2:29 PM, DAKLING1987 said:

A takeaway like this is what Pattaya is missing a proper Uk style curry house and a Uk style chippy would clean up for the British custom. 

I know there's that fish and chip shop on new plaza but I mean a proper chippy that does salt and pepper chicken, beef green pepper black bean sauce and your regular Chinese takeaway meals.

Chinese take away in entrance to LK Metro first stall on the right as you enter from Bukhaow......been there a while now :unsure:

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

2 Options :

Wok N Rok.

China Palace.

Wok'N'Rok has closed, and if you mean China Garden on Soin Leng Kee, that's closed too :unsure:

Wok'N'Rok was great but inconsistent openings. China Garden I never liked, everything tasted too sweet.

22 minutes ago, petermik said:

Chinese take away in entrance to LK metro first stall on the right as you enter from Bukhaow......been there a while now :unsure:

Admittedly I've only had a few meals from there, but they were very bland. The chicken black bean had no black beans in it.

Besides the Tikka Center, which I eat from regularly and often have the chicken tikka masala, my new eat-in favourite is Curry Home, on Soi Buakhao between Soi Leng Kee and Pattaya Hosptital. 10 seconds walk from So Leng Kee. Absolutely delicious! :)

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

• I went to Naando's earlier today and can recommend it. Was decent.

:Party1:

Is Naandos open to sitting-down customers now?  Or just delivery?

56 minutes ago, petermik said:

Chinese take away in entrance to LK metro first stall on the right as you enter from Bukhaow......been there a while now :unsure:

If I'm not mistaken isn't that a chow mein stall that only sells chow mein dishes?

1 hour ago, SirL said:

Is Naandos open to sitting-down customers now?  Or just delivery?

I was wondering about that too so I called them.

They're open 7 days a week, from 1 to midnight, but tandoori oven not ready until 2. 

Yes, it's a sit down restaurant. 

3 hours ago, K... said:

Tikka Centre on Soi Bukhao is pretty close to British style.

I agree that seems to be what they're going for there, but I don't think much of the food there.

2 minutes ago, QuotaMan said:

Thread right above you bro

I've viewed the thread mate the food looks nothing like the stuff we get back at home. Nice one anyway la 

Try "Little India" at the top of Diana arcade, next to Papagayo and opposite Cherry Bar.

19 hours ago, roger buttmore said:

Wok'N'Rok has closed, and if you mean China Garden on Soin Leng Kee, that's closed too :unsure:

No I mean China Palace.

And both Wok N Rok and China Palace are very much open for business, but are delivery service only at the moment.

But for UK Style Chinese Food, they are the best out there.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

No I mean China Palace.

And both Wok N Rok and China Palace are very much open for business, but are delivery service only at the moment.

But for UK Style Chinese Food, they are the best out there.

Not aware of a China Palace restaurant in Pattaya and it doesn't show up on google. More info please? 

On 29/05/2017 at 0:46 PM, DAKLING1987 said:

If I'm not mistaken isn't that a chow mein stall that only sells chow mein dishes?

Yes........never used it myself.....I go next door and get myself some delicious fritters,soaks the beer up nicely :D

On 28/05/2017 at 8:26 PM, DAKLING1987 said:

Just wondering if anyone knows of an English style Indian restaurant in Pattaya?

By that I mean an Indian restaurant that does chicken tikka masala, Balti and Jalfrezi in the same style we get in the UK. 

It may be further out than you wish to go but I found that Indian Roots by the lake was similar to a standard British Indian restaurant.

Archived