IGNORED

Counting the days ?

englishman

My last trip I got a 60 day visa before leaving Canada, stayed 57 days so no problem..

this time with the way my flights are I'm actually 61 days counting arrival day as day 1 and departure day as day 61...do you think i am counting this correctly ?

Would 1 day over the 60 be a huge problem ...any ideas how to deal with this ?

thanks

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

There is a small risk but you should be OK. Stating the obvious you should plan a little more carefully next time to avoid such issues.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I believe the fine for an overstay in Thailand is about $15 us per day. I saw this on their tv show documentary about BKK airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, englishman said:

My last trip I got a 60 day visa before leaving Canada, stayed 57 days so no problem..

this time with the way my flights are I'm actually 61 days counting arrival day as day 1 and departure day as day 61...do you think i am counting this correctly ?

Would 1 day over the 60 be a huge problem ...any ideas how to deal with this ?

thanks

You and others have posted that you must count arrival date as day1 and departure date as day61.

I have used time/date I pass thru Thai immigrations and I have stayed 62 days w/o problem, but my approach depends on when you you pass thru Thai immigrations.  In 2015 and 2016, my flight arrived at 23:00 on day1, but I waited 1 hr and passed thru Thai immigrations on day2 at 0:15 and my passport was stamped entered Thailand on day2, admit until day61.  My 2015 flight departed Thailand at 01:35 on day 62, but I passed thru Thai immigrations at 23:00 on day 61 and my passport was stamped exited Thailand on day61.  I had no problems or questions at Thai immigrations upon arrival or departure.  This may be technically incorrect, but it solved my problem.

18 hours ago, Scumbag said:

There is a small risk but you should be OK. Stating the obvious you should plan a little more carefully next time to avoid such issues.

Point taken but There was about +$600 for leaving a day later hence the 61 days...

may be  just a quickie trip to KL Malaysia for  a few days would solve the problem..if I'm gone for 2 or 3 days then I would start another 30 day stint when I re-enter ..correct ?

5 hours ago, englishman said:

Point taken but There was about +$600 for leaving a day later hence the 61 days...

may be  just a quickie trip to KL Malaysia for  a few days would solve the problem..if I'm gone for 2 or 3 days then I would start another 30 day stint when I re-enter ..correct ?

Yes, they will give you 30 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

No worries for the extra day, and 30 days by air is automatic. But I wouldn't fly to KL if ou are worried bout 1 day.

On 2017-05-29 at 9:56 PM, weblo said:

No worries for the extra day, and 30 days by air is automatic. But I wouldn't fly to KL if ou are worried bout 1 day.

Perfect thaks

On 2017-05-27 at 11:19 PM, Scumbag said:

Yes, they will give you 30 days.

thank you

Archived